Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i have been thinking about getting into reloading because of our stupid goverment. i was wondering what supplies i will need to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Rifle and shotgun are two different propositions. You need to determine rifle calibers to load and shotgun size. Then, how much do you think you will shoot. High volume could mean you want a progressive press. A friend can be a lot of help. Otherwise get ABC's of reloading and study it.
    There is a press that uses bushings for center fire so you can change caliber dies without adjusting dies - a real nice feature if loading several calibers. i think Lee makes it. Can't help you with shotgun.
    In any event, start saving your brass and hulls. Supplies are tight right now but that will ease eventually.
    Check reloading companies and youtube for video's to get more ideas. Ballistics are interesting and something you can study the rest of your life. I have been loading for about 40 years and wish i started younger. Todays bullets and powder and equipment have never been better.
    Welcome to reloading. Enjoy and Be Safe.

Leave a comment:

replied
    RCBS sells a very good starter kit. Most important thing you need is a good manual.

Leave a comment:

• 1ojolsen
    replied
    CSA do you think they are coming for your ammo? You have been successfully marketed to.

Leave a comment:

• 1ojolsen
    replied
    CSA do you think they are coming for your ammo? You have been successfully marketed to.

Leave a comment:

• tuna0410
    replied
    Best thing I have found is to purchase a kit online from RCBS, Hornady, or Lee. All have there advantages and disadvantages (and a lot of personal preference)... That will get you started in reloading, as far as shotgun shells you have to purchase a separate press from them. They are a lot easier to go and probably the best way to get into reloading is to start with shot shells first. Have fun it is a great hobby.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Tnhunter

Whew!
    That one question begets way more questions!

First off, let's get this out of the way! NO! You won't save money reloading! BUT! You'll get lot's more "custom" ammo bang for your buck!
    Second.
    How much are you willing to spend? There are loading systems that load one at a time (single stage) for less than $50 bucks to "progressive" systems that can set you back many $100's!
    Because of all the "hoop-la", powder and primers are nigh on to nonexistent!,AND expensive!
    Make no mistake, all here will help all we can. There will be questions you never dreamed of. If you've never reloaded, a "mentor" is a God send!
    It's a VERY fascinating hobby.
    That said:
    I have RCBS equipment so I'm a bit prejudiced.
    RCBS offers kits with lots of "basic" equipment that can be "added to"......and rest assured, if you're a serious loader, you'll "add to"! LOL!
    Case trimmers, powder dumps, case polishers, etc.,etc......
    There are several brands, but RCBS offers superb customer service.

Leave a comment:

• i have been thinking about getting into reloading because of our stupid goverment. i was wondering what supplies i will need to

i have been thinking about getting into reloading because of our stupid goverment. i was wondering what supplies i will need to reload rife and shotgun shells

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad