Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody know if the 6.5-20x50 AO Varmint Scope by Barska, is good for 17hmrs. Got one for chirstmas and havent really done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody know if the 6.5-20x50 AO Varmint Scope by Barska, is good for 17hmrs. Got one for chirstmas and havent really done

Does anybody know if the 6.5-20x50 AO Varmint Scope by Barska, is good for 17hmrs. Got one for chirstmas and havent really done a lot of shooting with it

3-9 or 4-12 are probably better. you don't need 20x for a 17hmr. I have a 3-9 on mine and love it. it gives me enough mag on 3 to not have to turn the power up on coyotes out to 200 yards and at 9 power squirrels and prairie dogs out to 150

Comment

brock that is an excellent scope for the .17hmr. It gives you a base low end and a good upper end. The 17 is capable of excellent accuracy so why not take advantage of it. I have a 8x32x56 on one of mine and a 6x24x44 on another. Too much cartridge for close up small game so reach it out there and use what it was designed for. I know a lot of guys will tell you all you need is a 2x7x40 or 3x9x40 but unless you are shooting at running game it's all about accuracy and the more ppower you put on a target the better you can see it. For running shoots or close up work add a scope ring to the top and put on a holograph site or even add a tri rail with holograph,lazer and flashlight for night time varmint hunting. Don't limit yourself to choices,it's all about what works for you. have fun with that little .17hmr it is a great cartridge

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad