Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual Cam or single cam bows? why or why not? what are the advantages and disadvantages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Single Cam Bows!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Single Cam Bows!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Single Cam Bows!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Single Cam Bows!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Single Cam Bows!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Single Cam Bows!

Leave a comment:

• vtbluegrass
    replied
    If you are going to the lower end $ (ie Wal-Mart) go with a single cam. On the high end $ timing won't be much of an issue so either system should do fine. I shoot a Hoyt because the first bow I had was a Hoyt it works for me and I don't want to change. They have the hybrid cam and 1/2 which has a dual cam appearance. I've shot mine for 7 years and not had any timing issues. As with anything its personal preference so go to a bow shop and shoot both before purchasing.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    I highly agree with the above and Mathews wrote the book on single cam bows. You can get a little more speed with dual cams but you will have more problems and with todays rangefinders speed is not the big deal it once was. Go with a single cam bow. They are plenty fast for hunting. My Mathews Switchback has accounted for 8 whitetails and one really unusual turkey in the last 3 hunting seasons with only 1 missed shot. That arrow hit a branch. Click my name and you can see some of them in my photo files.

Leave a comment:

• jay
    replied
    I prefer the smoother draw of a single cam or even a cam bow. I'm willing to give up speed for ease of shooting.

Leave a comment:

• hjohn429
    replied
    I say single cam is better. It is much simpler and yu don't have to worry about both cams timing the same.

Leave a comment:

• Dual Cam or single cam bows? why or why not? what are the advantages and disadvantages?

Dual Cam or single cam bows? why or why not? what are the advantages and disadvantages?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Treason or a traitor?
    by crm3006
    From BH75R-You know Jimbo, I could really start to dislike you if you continue to post quotes from that idiot bandicoot. He is a complete non-issue to...
    Today, 09:00 PM
  • Treason or a traitor?
    by FirstBubba
    Gen. Mark A. Milley, in the last days of the Trump administration, told his Chinese counterpart that he would call the Chinese ahead of time if Trump...
    09-14-2021, 03:51 PM
  • Reply to Kid’s going goose hunting
    by Danbo
    Goose hunting has been excellent this year he should have fun....
    Today, 08:58 PM
  • Kid’s going goose hunting
    by fitch270
    Without me ☹️

Buddy of his invited him last weekend if he could come up with his own ammo, we couldn’t track any down so he missed...
    Today, 07:21 PM
  • Reply to Burgers, what’s on yours?
    by FirstBubba
    IHOP and Cracker Barrel have a CFS that is mass produced in some food prep warehouse in Wobegone, WI or somewhere else.
    It ain't bad, but it's...
    Today, 08:48 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X