Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual Cam or single cam bows? why or why not? what are the advantages and disadvantages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Cam or single cam bows? why or why not? what are the advantages and disadvantages?

Dual Cam or single cam bows? why or why not? what are the advantages and disadvantages?

I say single cam is better. It is much simpler and yu don't have to worry about both cams timing the same.

Comment

I prefer the smoother draw of a single cam or even a cam bow. I'm willing to give up speed for ease of shooting.

Comment

I highly agree with the above and Mathews wrote the book on single cam bows. You can get a little more speed with dual cams but you will have more problems and with todays rangefinders speed is not the big deal it once was. Go with a single cam bow. They are plenty fast for hunting. My Mathews Switchback has accounted for 8 whitetails and one really unusual turkey in the last 3 hunting seasons with only 1 missed shot. That arrow hit a branch. Click my name and you can see some of them in my photo files.

Comment

If you are going to the lower end $ (ie Wal-Mart) go with a single cam. On the high end $ timing won't be much of an issue so either system should do fine. I shoot a Hoyt because the first bow I had was a Hoyt it works for me and I don't want to change. They have the hybrid cam and 1/2 which has a dual cam appearance. I've shot mine for 7 years and not had any timing issues. As with anything its personal preference so go to a bow shop and shoot both before purchasing.

Comment

Single Cam Bows!

Comment

Single Cam Bows!

Comment

Single Cam Bows!

Comment

Single Cam Bows!

Comment

Single Cam Bows!

Comment

Single Cam Bows!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad