Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody heard of the PSE Tac15 crossbow? It has a 170 lb draw and shoots a 26" 450 grain bolt at 412 fps! They say it can sh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody heard of the PSE Tac15 crossbow? It has a 170 lb draw and shoots a 26" 450 grain bolt at 412 fps! They say it can sh

Has anybody heard of the PSE Tac15 crossbow? It has a 170 lb draw and shoots a 26" 450 grain bolt at 412 fps! They say it can shoot two arrows in the same hole at 100 yards. It costs $1200 and mounts on an AR-15 upper. It has rails on the bottom to mount all kinds of accessories.

Just go to (www.pse-archery.com) and click on the "TAC-15" video. It's awsome.

Comment

in my opinion, if an arrow is shot twice in the same hole at 100 yards, it's not just because of the bow, it's because of the person holding it. disagree with me? think of it like this. is it the gun murdering a person, or is it the person holding it? exactly. but it looks AWESOME. too bad Nebraska doesn't legalize crossbows. it's only for the handicapped. sigh.

Comment

I think this is the ultimate in tacticool pointlessness. Who the hell would want to turn a perfectly good AR into a crossbow? By the way, it mounts on the lower, not the upper.

If you want a tacticool crossbow, don't buy half a crossbow and don't ruin half an AR, just get the already put together, and somehow seemingly more normal, Horton Recon.

It's pretty impressive that they get that kind of velocity, and it's a unique and well thought out design, but I don't believe for a second that it's any more accurate than my Horton. Maybe due to the huge velocity it's more accurate at 100 yards, but who the hell shoots crossbows at 100 yards? Idiots, that's who. I've never taken a shot at game with any archery equipment past 20 some yards.

Comment

Well shane if you already have two AR lowers and you are smart enough to figure out that it only takes about 10 seconds to change it from a X-bow to a 223 carbine, then you shouldn't have any problems.

PS: My bad on the upper mistake. I was thinking lower, but I typed upper.

Comment

I do agree with you (Shane) about not shooting game at 100 yards with a crossbow, but who ever said I was gonna use it for hunting?

Comment

Well if you have two AR lowers, why don't they both have AR uppers on them?

Comment

To get back to the question, looks cool, but it'll be another thing for "traditional" bow hunters to cry about.

Comment

honestly i dont see why you would need all that crap for a goood bow hunt....

Comment

What are you supposed to mount on the rails? The only thing I can think of is a bayonet, because hunting with this thing sound like cheating, so you need to finish off your game that you made a bad shot on at 100 yards with the blade so you can feel like a man that went on a real hunt.

Comment

First off I do have uppers for each AR lower in my house, and secondly it only takes about 10 seconds to switch from a carbine to a X-bow. Oh, by the way I probably wouldn't use it for hunting. It would just be something to play with (and mabey shoot a few prarie dogs or squirrels.)

Comment

Why not mount an M203 grenade launcher on it?

Comment

Agreed with hunterkid94 and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad