Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you field-dress a turkey?

How do you field-dress a turkey?

First reach deep around the beard and cut it off, making sure you get all of it, then the same thing with the fan. After that you want to skin out the breast (fillet knife works well) and remove the two pieces, one on either side of the breast bone, much like filleting a fish. Got to the bone so you don't leave anything behind. Then skin out the legs and cut them off above the drumstick. This will leave very little usable meat on the carcass. If you plan to roast the bird whole, gut it of course, then you can either skin it or wet-pick it (skinning is preferrable), taking the beard and tail as described. Hope that helps. Good hunting.

Comment

Trick question. You don't feild dress turkeys. At least in Ohio they are required to be checked in and weighed with the guts.

Comment

look it up.

Comment

With your nose plugged. What the hell do they always decide to eat before I kill them?

Comment

Most people think that they look good in camo....But, I always thought pink chiffon looks great!

Comment

I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist!

Comment

I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist!

Comment

just like you would a chicken.

Comment

Obviously, because you are wearing pink posing for pictures on your little guided trip in Mexico...

Comment

And...

Comment

My mother once gave me a pink sweater...Much to my dismay, and I told her so...She said, "Anyone who is as big as you and has sired four kids, can wear a pink sweater. And if they still laugh at you, as big as you are...Kick their a***!" She was one of the most elegant and prudent people I have ever known! I wore it with pride...And, since then, I caught a couple of nice sailfish on flies WITH a pink shirt! OK(sic)?

Comment

I just cut a slit in the skin, and start pulling the skin off. Then cut arount the legs and wings and pull the skin with feathers up to the head.

Comment

Agreed with 007 and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Debate #2: new rules
                              by franchi20
                              I've wondered about the guests on the Q&A site. I think it includes visitors the main page who never see the Q&A. It's an overall count of who...
                              Today, 07:40 PM
                            • Debate #2: new rules
                              by FirstBubba
                              New debate rules change.

Moderator controlled "mute" button.

Who made the request?
                              The "Biden Campaign"!...
                              10-02-2020, 02:10 PM
                            • Reply to What's after Trump?
                              by franchi20
                              Speculation is good mental exercise, but I think it's way too early to worry about the next one while fraught with worry about the crap surrounding this...
                              Today, 07:34 PM
                            • What's after Trump?
                              by FirstBubba
                              No doubt, Trump will prevail Nov 4th.
                              There is no more FDR and Congress eventually enforced the laws restricting a president to a 2 term limit....
                              Today, 01:46 PM
                            • Reply to So is everyone ready for deer season
                              by fitch270
                              The kids have already put two deer in the freezer this year so we're pretty well set. I've been out with the bow just once for an evening sit and saw...
                              Today, 07:01 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X