Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think about sunday hunting? Possibly the only chance will have to turkey hunt this year is on a sunday. What do y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I hunt on Sundays!

Leave a comment:

• Buckshott00
    replied
    I don't think there should be a ban on Sunday Hunting.

Leave a comment:

• jhunter32
    replied
    ok..let me start off by sayin that where I am from there are specific parks for hikers,bike riders..ect.so there wouldnt be a threat to them from a hunter anyway.second...I think I speek for many people that say they can worship god and be spiritualy aware while siting in a deer stand in the quit woods admiring gods creations.i dont care who u are..u dnt have to be sitting in a church pew to worship ur lord and savior.and day of rest?..what better way to spend it than kicking back in a tree stand and forgetting all the worries in ur life..how much more relaxed can u get.and as for gunfire being an insult to churchgoers or other people..get over it..it only last a couple seconds..its not that big of a deal..so in all I am a big supporter on sunday hunting.

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I have no problem hunting on Sunday and I go to church early in the morning, so I could get ready for hunting after that!!!

Leave a comment:

• jordjohn44
    replied
    I think it is unconstitutional to not allow hunting on Sunday. There is such a thing called seperation of church and state.

Leave a comment:

• Big C
    replied
    Everyone should be able to hunt on Sunday legally. Hunting laws already limit hunting by the game's season, why should it be limited more?

Leave a comment:

• chuckles
    replied
    My personal opinion is that you should be able to hunt on any day that ends in "Y".
    I also wholeheartedly agree with ken.mcloud that this is not a "Christian Nation" and that anyone who understands the history of how our country developed knows that it was quite purposefully created to free people from the imposition of any one religion's value system or constraints. It was created to allow all religions to practice without imposition from the Gov't and very clearly formed a system that prohibits the Gov't from imposing the beliefs of any one religion on the populace.
    I am one who believes that manmade temples are not required to worship the awesome creation represented by our universe. I leave you with a quote that sums up my feelings.
    "One does not need buildings, money, power or status to practice the Art of Peace. Heaven is right where you are standing and that is the place to train."
    -Morihei Ueshiba

Leave a comment:

• huskerguy
    replied
    If you want to hunt on a Sunday then you should be able to. I know me going out hunting isn't going to stop others from going to church. Like many others have said, the outdoors is a church for me. Nothing is more relaxing and peaceful than being out in the woods. I have time to think about whats going on and reflect on it. Can't get much closer to God than being in the middle of his creations.

Leave a comment:

• huntingbabe
    replied
    Hey its okay if the BOSS (wife) says it's okay

Leave a comment:

• KMB33
    replied
    hunt_fish, i am sorry but if this country was founded on christian beliefs, then that is just one thing. This country is not perfest, neiter is any other country. So what if the thing some think isnt perfect about it is that there is hunting on sundays in some states, maybe others think the imperfection is the president, or a law, or an amendment, what ever it is you have a right to speech and i belive taht that makes this country better. And i think that we should not argue about this just give a simple opinion, that is all.

Leave a comment:

• shane
    replied
    You might be fine with not hunting on Sunday, but others are not. For some, Sunday might be the only day they can get out there. So what, screw them?

Leave a comment:

• ken.mcloud
    replied
    ...I think that means I win

Leave a comment:

• hunt_fish_sleep
    replied
    Ken,

I have no interest in speaking further with you. My state does not allow hunting on Sunday and I am fine with it. You ask for my opinion and then shoot me down for it. You seem to have some sort of complexion that forces you to stir the pot so that you can argue just for the sake of argument. Are you trying to display some sort of superior intellectualism? Honestly, few people take the time to even read your long windbag posts about this and that. I think that many on this blog will agree that you stir up controversial topics just so that you can sit and argue and tell other people their opinion is wrong. I will no longer be a part of this braying match. Good day sir.

Leave a comment:

• 007Dom
    replied
    I dont have anything against people that hunt on sunday. But for me sunday is kind of like a family day.

Leave a comment:

• ken.mcloud
    replied
    Some other notes-

I just ran a word search and the word "God" appears exactly zero times in the United States Constitution. You can go to www.usconstitution.net if you want to verify.

Some fun facts on the pledge, It was written in 1892 and originally said "One nation, Indivisible". The "under god" was not added until 1954 when the Knights of Columbus put heavy political pressure on then-president Eisenhower. It took several attempts to get it passed in congress, but eventually it did.

Not exactly a secret symbol of the founding father's true theocratic intentions huh?

Finally, this "Christian Nation" BS is a fine example of political word-engineering and I think most of the people who use it know that. They use the term as a justification for violating people's constitutional rights. They even use it to imply that the government is obligated enforce a particular brand of christian doctrine.

Then, when they are confronted just how ludicrous this assertion is, they quickly switch to the other meaning of the phrase. They say that the phrase simply refers to the fact that the majority of Americans are Christians. Of course, this meaning has very different connotations than the the first meaning.

This is a rather clever tactic, they can get away blatant attacks on the constitution and then when someone calls them out on it, they simply switch meanings and get off scott-free. The media lets it slide waaaay too often.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad