Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think about sunday hunting? Possibly the only chance will have to turkey hunt this year is on a sunday. What do y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think about sunday hunting? Possibly the only chance will have to turkey hunt this year is on a sunday. What do y

What do you think about sunday hunting? Possibly the only chance will have to turkey hunt this year is on a sunday. What do you think.

In NY we hunt on sundays and I have never had a problem. So it was new to me when I was going to go hunting in NC on sundays. I think it should be open on sundays.

Comment

I have never understood Sunday hunting bans. I do not think I would care for one. I say hunt whenever you get the chance if it is legal.

Comment

Sunday is as good as any other day. Good lord the woods make a better church and spiritual setting than any other. I can honestly think in the woods to myself about things going on in my life.

Comment

Sunday is a day of rest... there is no better way to rest than hunting. By the way, with a family and other commitments, Sunday is possible the only day people are able to hunt, atleat that is the case for me a lot of the times.

Comment

I would agree that Sunday is a day of rest and hunting is a great relaxing way to enjoy gods creation.

Comment

Like everybody else has said, day of rest, GOD's church. Sundays should be hunting days(all day).

Comment

I want to be very clear on this, if you decide you do not want to hunt on any given day because of your religious beliefs, more power to you. It probably makes you a better man than me.

That being said, using the government's power to force your religious beliefs on the general public is not only shameful, it flies in the face of the freedoms that so many brave men have died to protect.

This is a blatant case of religious discrimination, and I'm dead serious that this needs to go the supreme court and get ruled unconstitutional once and for all.

both klobster and hunt_fish_sleep support Sunday hunting bans, id love for them to finally explain their position.

Comment

The government of the good old U.S. of A was formed based on christian beliefs. Part of the christian belief is that Sunday is the sabbath and is therefore a day of rest. Back in Moses' time they had to count steps on the sabbath and could not exceed this number. (140ish I believe?) Today we live in a society that constantly rationalizes and degrades it's standards, an point perfectly illustrated in this blog. Waking up before the crack of dawn, driving for miles, hiking around and getting dirty, missing church, killing animals, and then having to come home and clean any game that you have killed (and possibly your guns too) is no day of rest in my book. Why not let the animals have a day of rest too? To each his own. It is fortunate that Kolbster and I agree on the no hunting on Sunday decision, as we both live in a sabbath observing state. It is true that we are supposed to have separation of church and state, but if the worst injustice yall have to deal with in this great country is not hunting on sunday, count yourselves lucky. I for one would rather live in the USA than anywhere else in the world. I know I am going to draw a lot of fire, and I somewhat feel like Mr. Mcloud here in my presentation of a controversial topic on a blog made up of largely dissenting opinions. Fire away.

Comment

I apologize for rampant grammatical errors in my first post. I failed to fully proof read.

Comment

One of the best Church services I’ve ever been was out hunting, just God and I!

Comment

I hunt on sundays, why not its still the season right.

Comment

I always hunt on Sundays. I killed my first and biggest buck on a Sunday. I think being out in the woods is one of the most spirittually clensing things a person can do.

Comment

I hunt just about every Sunday. This country was founded on Christian beliefs but look at all the stores that are open on Sundays. Look at all the bars that are open. I live in a state that does not allow the sale of alcohol, for the most part, on Sundays, South Carolina. Fortunately, I live five minutes from the North Carolina line so after I hunt in SC Sunday mornings I can come home change clothes and run 15 minutes up the road to have a beer with my burger.

Comment

hunt_fish_sleep-

The issue at hand is NOT whether or not a good Christian should hunt on Sunday (Though many of us would disagree with you on that point)

The issue at hand IS whether the government should use its power to force your religious beliefs on everyone else? This is how Iran does it, The Taliban too, Heck! its Osama Bin Laden's favorite form of government.

Secondly, the legal case is exceedingly clear here. The courts have ruled many times that any government body has to give all religions equal protection under the law. This essentially means that if you are going to ban hunting on the Christian sabbath, you must ban it on every religion's holy day. Which essentially means you have to ban hunting.

Finally, this "Christian nation" BS is one of the biggest distortions of historical fact currently in circulation. While it is true that the majority of Americans are Christian and that nearly all the founding fathers were, this does not mean we are a Christian nation in the way Saudi Arabia is a Muslim nation or the Vatican is a Christian one. (this is the way that most people use the term "Christian nation"; to imply that the government is enforce solely Christian beliefs)

After seeing the abuses of religion by governments in Europe, the founding fathers went to great length to ensure that the following words were included in our constitution.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

My religious beliefs tell me I should be in woods on Sunday, its where I can be closest to god. This law is prohibiting me from freely exercising my religion and is therefore unconstitutional.

And, unlike you, I believe strongly in personal liberties. Not only do I find these policies offensive, they are an affront to the values our country was built on.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad