Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of lubricant to you prefer to use on your firearms??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of lubricant to you prefer to use on your firearms??

What kind of lubricant to you prefer to use on your firearms??

RemOil

Comment

Mobile 1 5W-30

Comment

Mil-tech, or otis

Comment

MP ams-oil

Comment

I use Tetra products and am extremely happy with them. I have used Otis and had good results with that until I switched to Tetra. Mil-Tech also has good reveiews!

Comment

Kleen Bore formula 3

Comment

I really like Clemsoil. It does a good lube job AND it actually makes stock wood look better. Some brands of gun oil will soak into the end grain of stockwood and darken the wood. Eventually the wood rots. Clemsoil enhuances and protects wood. It's kind of expensive but a bottle lasts years.

Comment

Rem oil or Break Free Oil

Comment

Rem oil is cheap and good all-around.

Comment

rem oil and in a pinch 3&1 oil

Comment

Depending on conditions and the environment, I’ve used about everything under the sun.
                        1: I prefer at times Break-Free® the problem with that if used in the bore you must shoot 2 fowling shots or your bullets will shoot in the 9 ring at 200 yards and on the other hand it cuts down copper fowling.

2: Good old Fashion Gun Oil

3: In a pinch Motor Oil from the dip stick of the truck!

4: Sub Zero Arctic Conditions, Automatic Transmission Fluid and don’t tell me you got some oil that will work when I got a frozen gallon jug of Preston antifreeze in the back of my truck!

5: In realy hot climate Chainsaw bar lubricant, it sticks and stays put and don’t even think of using it in the bore!!!

Comment

Use remoil, WD40, or GunScrubber. Never use brake fluid or any of that s*** it eats senthetic stocks up.

Comment

Butch's Bore shine and his lubricant.

Comment

Clay,
                              Arctic conditions are actually the reason I use the Mobile 1. It still works when everything else doesn't. After sitting outside all night, Rem Oil was solid, conventional motor oil was like jello, and the Mobil 1 still poured. That was all the testing I needed. Never thought of trying the ATF, does it work well for you?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad