X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do you like to hunt and fish?

why do you like to hunt and fish?

buck hunter 17:

Please don't take this the wrong way, but it seems like you have asked a whole bunch of relatively simple questions just to get your "point" total up. Or you have a serius amount of time on your hands and should be devoting more time to your school work.

I mean, come on, dude. You have several question on every page!

Comment

It's quiet and a great way to de-stress, it allows me quality time with my kids, other family members, and old friends, it helps me to have a greater appreciation for His creation and the priveledge of partaking of it. Horns, hides, fins, meat, etc are a bonus, the doing thereof is the true treasure.

Comment

Because when hunting and fishing... there is such thing as a free lunch.

Comment

Sometimes for managmet, but more often because it is the easiest way to get closer to nature, helps destress, and makes some great stories.

Comment

I like Florida's answer, but also, because thats where I feel close to the people in my life that are gone now. We all hunted(most of them taught me,a couple I taught) and I can "feel" them there with me.
            Lucky or not(still lucky to be there).

Comment

it's good quality time with friends, and it is time in the most beautiful place in the world, in mother nature

Comment

get away from the hussle and bussle of city living,slow down and enjoy nature with your family. my family and i enjoy some time without tv,radio,phones and the noise of cars with the pollution, enjoy the clean air and sounds of wildlive.

Comment

All aspects. Peace of nature, being with friends, shooting guns/bows/anything, the satisfaction of a successful hunt. There just ain't anything better and I don't understand why everyone doesn't do it.

Comment

I think its fun cuz you can get away from every one you get to try nwe stageties, and its really fun if you have a good friend with you. or if you have your with you dad its great bonding time.

Comment

because it gives you something to do in the winter.

Comment

Hunt: You get up early in the cool crisp mountains, looking forward to the elk hunt. Every meal you eat in the mountains always seem to be 10 times better. And you even get to camp too.

Fishing: The hike to your fishing hole and feeling the fishing bite on your fly. I t leaves a good impression.

Comment

hunting

Comment

I enjoy the escape from the noise, crowds and stress of the civilized world. A day spent afield leaves me refreshed and grounded! Sitting on a deer stand allows me to appreciate the outdoors and to get my priorities re-adjusted. When I fish I choose to move away from the crowds to more isolated areas. While I enjoy the company of my hunting and fishing companions I enjoy getting away even more. I enjoy doing something I'm good at that isn't judged or evaluated by anyone!!! I am challenging only myself and only as much as I want to! Even my wife can see a difference in me when I return from a hunting or fishing trip! Being afield allows me to feel closer to my creator and to enjoy what he's provided me with (woods and water).

Comment

i like it because if i have had a bad day if i go fishing it just seems to calm you right down and like my grandpa said " you can give a man some fish and he will have a good supper, but if you learn him how to fish he can eat for a lifetime." i think in the time we are living in now you almost have to have a way to get your own food.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad