Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to wish you folks in the North East United States the best of luck over the next few days. Looks like Sandy is going to m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to wish you folks in the North East United States the best of luck over the next few days. Looks like Sandy is going to m

I want to wish you folks in the North East United States the best of luck over the next few days. Looks like Sandy is going to make it tough on you all. Batten down the hatches and be careful.

Amen to that. It looks like much of lower Manhattan will be under water. I've never heard of an evacuation order for New York City before this. Let us pray.

Comment

Amen to that. It looks like much of lower Manhattan will be under water. I've never heard of an evacuation order for New York City before this. Let us pray.

Comment

Thanks Birddog and Explorer.
        It started to rain yesterday, Sunday afternoon. New Jersey should be hit with the full force of Sandy on Monday night. We are in the center path of this storm. I went into the woods this morning in the pouring down rain, to load up my bait piles. The trees were blowing back and forth. The deer and turkeys were running out in front of me. I hate going to my bait pile during day light hours and seeing those white tails flashing. I always spock the feeders off the bait. I had no choice, I wanted to beef up the bait piles.
        My wife thinks I'm crazy. The Governor may order a state of emergency and if your caught on the roads the police will get you a ticket.

Comment

Hey 99 how are you? Bumbag is just trying to make up for not being here in the winter. He and the rest of the guys were down in the Caribbean. When the suburbs were covered in snow. Now you can't get his face off TV. As far as LI flooding. It floods where it always floods in marinas where they have boat docks, Surprise. But one nice thing it only floods 12 hours at a time. As far as Manhattan everything south of Wall street is landfill. All the utility is under ground/under water. Ever where else is built on prehistoric granite.

Comment

PS If you think about it. Work wise this is a cheap emergency. All Bumbag is doing is stopping train/bus service and closing schools for a day. Telling you where a shelter for you and your pet getting a lot of I'm in charge face time and not affecting the city budget. It's not like a snow storm that you have to pay overtime for weeks to clear streets. On Long Island everybody is clearing out all the bread, milk and eggs in the stores. I feel like there's a big French Toast Party and nobody invited me.

Comment

Still have power here (not for long) but the rain and wind is getting pretty intense. Hoping for the best. Flooding on the barrier islands is unprecedented. I'm about 5 miles inland and hoping high and dry. My basement may flood when the electric goes out as my sump won't work. Got enough food, water, beer, batteries, candles etc. for a few days of comfortable living.

Comment

I do have to hand it to the NYC politicians. Nothings broken yet; and we already have a declared emergency and FEMA money. New Orleans could take a lesson.

Comment

May the Good Lord look-over Ya'll up in the North East
                  This is the worst Storm sins 1821 & 1903!

The Magic Kingdom is giving 1/2 price to all Ya'll if you can get here!

Comment

Steve,
                    Zoller Pumps makes a back up sump pump, that runs for six hours, off a marine battery. You could also put a generator outside, that runs off gasoline, to give your sump pump the electic neede. Your to late for tropical storm Sandy, most pumps and generators are sold out. Be ready for the next hurricane or tropical storm that will dump 12 inches of water on the garden state.

Comment

The barrier islands got hammered with flooding but little damage in my neck of the woods luckily. Hope others fare as well

Comment

Carl you can totally come over and have a French Toast Party with me. Just bring the eggs coz yotes got my chickens!

Comment

This thread is making me hungry. I like maple syrup on my French Toast. Sugarless, of course.

Comment

Ever injected homemade blackberry jam into French toast? Try it!

Comment

the storm was nearly a direct hit, has past, we're ok. Anxious to get in the woods

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How Do I Know ???
                                by jhjimbo
                                You are smoking some bad weed.
                                Today, 03:42 AM
                              • How Do I Know ???
                                by jhjimbo
                                How do I decide who to vote for in the November Election ? Easy, just look around at the squalor in the Cities that have been controlled (raped) by...
                                Yesterday, 12:03 PM
                                by 99explorer
                                To answer Rock Rat's question, I would say that Joe Biden would be the least objectionable candidate of the Democratic group.
                                In fact, he is the
                                Yesterday, 11:55 PM
                                by 99explorer
                                I'll say this for Rock Rat - I may not agree with him, but he has done a very thorough analysis, and has thought things through, which is more than I...
                                Yesterday, 11:32 PM
                                by jhjimbo
                                Rat, You are way off on your characterization of the candidates. In answer to your question there is not one I consider right for the Country at this...
                                Yesterday, 11:11 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X