Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 of my friends went grouse hunting the other day, and they didnt see anything, so they began to shoot there shotguns at bottles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 of my friends went grouse hunting the other day, and they didnt see anything, so they began to shoot there shotguns at bottles

2 of my friends went grouse hunting the other day, and they didnt see anything, so they began to shoot there shotguns at bottles for practice, my friend uses a pump Charles Daily 20 gauge, and after 3 fast pumps in a row, It jammed, and I couldnt get the barrel loose, and I cant figure out how to get the trigger mechanism out of these, any Ideas to why it did this and suggestions to fix it?

JMHO~ Take it to a Gunsmith for Repair(Charles Daily)Parts are hard to find if needed.
    try www.charlesdaly.com and or www.e-gunparts.com

Hope this Helps.

Comment

JMHO~ Take it to a Gunsmith for Repair(Charles Daily)Parts are hard to find if needed.
      try www.charlesdaly.com and or www.e-gunparts.com

Hope this Helps.

Comment

Sounds like a "short shuck." That's pretty easy to do when trying rapid fire on a pump action. Regarding a fix, I would take the route treestand is suggesting because I don't know that much about Charles Daly guns.

Comment

Gunsmith time!

I took apart my old Ithaca Model 37 pump once (and no, I'm not mechanically gifted, but hey) and could not, no matter how I tried, get it to work right again. Pumps seem simple, but every part must move in conjunction with the next. Gunsmith knew what he was doing and he put it right and it is still my main twelve gauge.

Also- don't forget to clean up or bury those bottles, my friend. I've lost a lot of good shooting places to people leaving shot up bottles. And washing machines. And computers. and cars. Eventually, somebody calls a halt to it.

Comment

Ditto~ hal herring
            Pl clean-up all the bottles and broken glass.

Comment

Hal & Trestand: You know that cleanup didn't happen.Does anyone sto and think anymore!

Comment

If you idiots were shooting glass bottles and spraying glass all over the landscape I have no sympathy for you. On the other hand if you were shooting plastic bottles and you disposed of them properly then I apologize. I would assume the empty shell is still in the gun? Since you cannot remove the barrel try using a dowel rod and a nylon hammer but be careful not to bang on on it too hard. If that doesn't work your next stop is the nearest gunsmith.

Comment

gunsmith, better safe than sorry

Comment

Gunsmith...how's college going?

Comment

well I wasnt shooting with them, they called me cuz they knew I knew alot bout firearms so I have no idea. but the shell is out.

Bioguy- Being going good! looking forward to a wildlife management class next semester as well! how is georgia treating you?

Comment

Georgia is good...ran into a snag with my research though. The collars we purchased had a design flaw that we didn't anticipate. As a result, several of our collars have been kicked off. Word of advice...if you work with deer, don't ever purchase a collar with plastic belting. Go with leather every time! This was a very expensive lesson and disappointing lesson to learn.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Recommended Choke & Shot for Turkey
                          by DakotaMan
                          Turkeys don't wear Kevlar... you really don't need any special choke or magic load to succeed. Just don't shoot at their breast for a kill shot because...
                          Today, 11:58 AM
                        • Recommended Choke & Shot for Turkey
                          by Big5ully9
                          I will be using my 12 ga Remington 870 express for turkey season this spring. What do you guys recommend for choke and shot? Weight? Steel or lead?...
                          Yesterday, 04:17 PM
                        • Reply to Fairness in the press
                          by labrador12
                          I can't help but notice that the media recognizes that other states have laws against black guns. What they don't mention is that there is massive non...
                          Today, 11:44 AM
                        • Fairness in the press
                          by Pmacc60
                          Yesterday thousands of gun owners took to the street in peaceful protest to fight for Virginians rights under the 2nd amendment. The press reported that...
                          Today, 07:05 AM
                        • Reply to Recommended Choke & Shot for Turkey
                          by FirstBubba
                          I shoot a Rem 870 Express w/ aftermarket "X-tra FULL" and Win 2.75" ammo. 1 1/8 ounce of #8's at 1250fps. I've taken quite a few birds...
                          Today, 11:42 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X