Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your greatest fear while in the woods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My biggest fear is that Scumbama (Obama) willmake it more difficult, if not impossible for sportsmen like ourselves to get into the woods and feel the Spirit of The Wild like Ted Nugent says. I think we need to do something about our current Communist Dictatores plan to destroy this country and the rest of the world. I mean now.

Comment

Not too fearful but am always careful of where I hunt to minimize the exposure to idiots (I have had a couple of close calls that have taught me to be even more careful who I am around with guns. My biggest concern is probably not being able to get back to civilization or camp before dark in the darned Florida palmetto swamps. The GPS or compass tells us where to go but you can't get there from here... too much water, palmettos you just can't navigate, water moccasins, etc. I just never wanted to spend an unexpected night out in the swamp. I don't think I could sleep as well as most other places.

Comment

Oh yeah and Cougars scare the hell out of me too just because they are sneaky and are following you around more than you even know. If you have hunted or hiked enough in cougar country, you have likely been stalked to some degree. They're not like bears where they might just false charge or ignore you. They are either out of sight or they are about to eat you. The 2 scariest things in the world are the unknown and imminent death. Cougars are always one or the other or both!

Comment

Cougars. We've seen em jump out of trees on our property.

Nate

Comment

That I gotta take a dump and forgot to bring tp.

Comment

fellows, the most dangerous thing we do is getting in our vehicles and driving to our hunting spot.

I worry slightly about getting shot by another hunter anyway [or getting injured in some other way]. As a teenager got over worrying about getting truly lost, but I can still get "micro" lost meaning I don't know where I am [walked past my landmark probably} and have to navigate myself back to something I recognize.

Comment

Ticks. Not many people around me and nothing lives here that can really kill me. So yeah, ticks.

Comment

Getting killed by some young inexperienced hunter and also being bitten by a poisonous snake......

Comment

uneducated hunters

Comment

My biggest fear in the woods is a cougar. One could stalk you so quietly that you would never know it was there and already attack you before you can fire a shot. This fear is somewhat rational since I had a bad encounter with one as a child. The only defense after being attacked would be a knife, which I always carry.

Comment

rattlesnakes because where i live they are every where

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Toothy friends
                          by Solitario Lupo
                          Never gotten into pickerel. I have seen some nice ones over the years.

As for pike I’ll get them every once in awhile just floating minns....
                          Today, 12:36 PM
                        • Toothy friends
                          by Solitario Lupo
                          Just thought I’d share some pics.
                          05-07-2021, 12:09 PM
                        • Reply to Mike Lyndell's new site
                          by jhjimbo
                          You should watch his video - very well researched.

The original has been removed. Here is another that has some of the same content....
                          Today, 11:37 AM
                        • Mike Lyndell's new site
                          by franchi20
                          Mike Lyndell will make a formal announcement from the Corn Palace, 6:00CDT, launching FrankSpeech.com. Check dakotanewsnow.com/news/.
                          Yesterday, 01:50 PM
                        • Reply to Mike Lyndell's new site
                          by jhjimbo
                          If fraud is found in several States and confirmed by the Court system all the way to the Supreme Court they will have to reverse the Election results...
                          Today, 11:26 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X