Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tip of the day: How do you get that noisy Hell's Angles dirtball to stop riding your ass when driving? I discovered this a lon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good on ya WAM,
    I have owned my hog since 1978, Bought it off the showroom floor and every mile on it is mine, it has gone through a couple of phases and more than one has been on the loud side.
    One of my closest friends in my younger days now lives in Beaverton so I'll check out the Oyster Run.

Comment

I see OHH, so evidently since you have already found him guilty of a capital offense you'd take it upon yourself to be the executioner huh?
      shame on you.
      Hopefully, you were just blowing off a little steam. I'd suggest an adult beverage while giving Pearl and Opal a good belly scratchin.

Comment

Giving some guy who's tailgating me unnecessarily a bit of a face wash of bug cleaner is hardly an "execution." Maybe I saved his life ... but I doubt it. I'm sure he went down to the next street and started his game again. I don't care. Just as long as he's not running into my vehicle. I'm the only one in my family of four brothers that doesn't own a hog so no, I'm no bike hater.

Comment

I'll tell you what annoys me. When I'm on my bike stopped or turning and some moron who drives in his review mirror has to lock his brakes when he finally sees me in FRONT of him!
          If there is a bike following you closely it's more then likely cause he's getting out of the draft coming off the back of your vehicle. And brake checking a bike? If anyone ever brake checks me on my bike they better pray I don't get behind them at a stop light! I don't take threats on my life very lightly!!

Comment

This escalated quickley! Everybody take a deep breath and a long swigg of your favorite beverage. Deer and Duck season is in and all is right with the world in my mind(at least when I am in the woods or the fields).

Comment

I agree. Must be the full moon. I also agree that brake checking a biker is really dumb! Those things don't have front bumpers and the last thing I want is some guy (even if he is a local drug dealer ... and he was) bouncing off my car and into the path of another one. I have enough recurring bad dreams to deal with as it is. Giving him a bit of a stinky chemical mist? Not really hazardous but he'll get the message: fall back out of range where he belongs. I agree, most sane bikers wouldn't think of tailgating. Just as well play on the freeway at night in black pajamas! Much more common with car type vehicles. But we have all seen the insane ones. And I have to admit, it's more often than not the young kids sitting on bent over fat tired crotch rockets with more horsepower than all the vehicles in my driveway put together. If those kids only knew the hell they are potentially putting their parents through when they take those stupid risks. Having lost my boy I know all about that.

Comment

I don't care much about the biker, but it is nice to see a few familiar names still asking and answering.

Comment

OHH,
                  I'm really not trying to make a big deal of this, but just exactly bothers you about any vehicle that's behind you? I'd think you'd pay more attention to whats in front of you.
                  And the chemical face spray harmless? Splah some in your eyes and imagine doing so at 50 mph on a motorcycle.
                  Face it, what you posted was dumb.

Comment

Hoski, if someone is following so closely on a motorcycle at 50 mph that they even notice the spray from window washers, then they are risking their lives and others' lives unnecessarily. As a licensed commercial driver I am taught to be aware of ALL other vehicles on the road and, as much as possible, the conditions ALL around the vehicle at ALL times. That is the key to successful defensive driving. Someone who is tailgating is driving offensively and causing the driver in front of them to become focused unnecessarily on a hazard behind them, which in turn distracts them from what is in front. Finding excuses for that behavior is just "dumb." Motorcyclists regularly encounter bugs, water, and debris when driving. I guess it's part of the novelty of the thing that attracts them. A little mist in the face is not something that would be unusually hazardous or unexpected for them.

My wife and I would regularly "attack" each other when getting in the car by turning on the windshield squirters. One of the practical jokes I dearly miss. Sorry, but I never noticed any stinging or other adverse affects and she nailed me pretty good a couple of times.

Comment

Hey Liberty,

Long time my friend! How goes it?

WAM

Comment

It has been a while since we heard from libertyfirst. Welcome back.

Comment

OHH,
                          Thanks for the driving refresher.
                          As stated in my first post I'm an avid motorcyclist so enlightening me on what I encounter daily while riding isn't anything new...what I don't need is some smartazz adding to it by spritzing me down with washer fluid.
                          Hears a suggestion, how about you pay attention to whats in front of you and ignore the motorcyclist behind you...he'll take care of him/herself.
                          bye

Comment

Brake checking doesn't have to be dangerous just a quick tap on the brake is all it takes not a slamming of the brakes. It works, and if a rider or driver is riding your arse he/she is a millisecond from death anyhow you may actually be saving their life by letting them know they are way to close. People in hurry to get somewhere need to realize they can't jeapordize the life of others and if it takes a slap in the face to get their head out of their rectum so be it.

Comment

In my long uneventful life I have ridden, driven, pushed and pulled from my tricycle to trucks to trailers vehicles with any number of wheels! I have also been second, some times first on the scene of some impromptu sculpture of metal, flesh and utility poles. In my younger days I had an unnatural love for very small cars and motorcycles or anything that would go fast and close. Why else would we have a road called the Autobahn. Or the Brooklyn equivalent Interboro Pkwy. For those who are not natives it winds 5 miles between 7 cemeteries with a center divider 8 inches in height. The summer in the 60's was was not complete until someone launched their vehicle into on coming traffic. This served as driver training and culling the gene pool. So my advice to those no matter what the drive. If you want to play F$CK-F$CK on the road maybe it's God telling you it's time to meet him.

Comment

Almost every dry morning commute I see motorcyclists pulling some crazy maneuvers and occasionally a dumb move by cars that endanger the biker. Just this morning I had a biker riding my bumper at 65 in a 60 zone. Like I could go faster than the line of cars in front of me! Motorcycle fatalities are on the rise in the metro area according to the news; mostly speed and substance abuse related. Tough to feel sorry for someone going in excess of 100 mph in a 50 or 60 mph speed zone when a come-apart occurs. I always hope that I am not involved in the situation and try to give bikers plenty of room to get where they are going.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Hhs
                                  by 99explorer
                                  Does that include the presidential suite?
                                  Yesterday, 11:40 PM
                                • Hhs
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  Hotels in CA have to give a list of empty rooms every day by 3PM so they can be given to a homeless person.
                                  Yesterday, 04:13 PM
                                • Reply to FBI Raids Trumps Florida Home
                                  by 99explorer
                                  Remember to save the last round for yourself.
                                  Yesterday, 11:37 PM
                                • FBI Raids Trumps Florida Home
                                  by rock rat
                                  Former US President Donald Trump has said his Florida home is being raided by the FBI.

Mr Trump said in a statement Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach...
                                  08-08-2022, 07:39 PM
                                • Reply to AG Garland is a real low life!
                                  by 99explorer
                                  I have a strong feeling that we are not getting the whole story here.
                                  A man wearing a $360,000 wrist watch does not serve 20 years in prison for...
                                  Yesterday, 11:22 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X