Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those that hunt and fish come into contact with snakes from time to time. In the US the Diamondback rattlesnake and the cottonmo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I havnt had anything but almost stepping on a bullsnake nothing to worry there. My buddy however was walking back to his car after fishing when he was almost to the door and seen a rattler coiled up under his car by the door.

Comment

I decided to relocate my stand just before the rut in north GA. My dad had done some scouting and told me to take it off of an old logging road where he had seen several nice rubs. On my way up i happened to look down just in time to see a 3 foot copperhead, curled up, and ready to bite when i put my foot down. I grabbed my gun and quickly put an end to that faceoff.

Comment

My father purchased a 200 acre farm that contained an old house trailer. The old woman that lived on the property had it stuffed completely full of junk. A local farmer wanted the frame to the trailer to haul hay so dad and myself were cleaning out the trailer until we stumbled upon a huge timber rattler. It had grown to 4 foot long living on a constant stream of field mice that had made the trailer their home. Instead of picking up more boxes dad used a gallon of fuel oil and a match. I'll never forget all the critters that came flying out of that trailer.

Comment

I am squirming just reading through these posts. I hate all snakes equally and believe in the saying that the only good snake is a dead one. I have killed more than my fair share of them and living in a neighborhood with an 18 acre lake and a creek running through my backyard has provided plenty of opportunity to do so.

Comment

Im with idahooutdoors, if I see a rattler or other dangerous snake I kill it. I don't want them biting my dogs. But, my golden retriever has killed a baby rattler before. He was pretty happy, he carried it around for awhile.

Comment

Agreed with idahooutdoors and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad