Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I heard of using smoke from a fire to cover you smell. It makes sense to me anyone else have any feed back on this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heard of using smoke from a fire to cover you smell. It makes sense to me anyone else have any feed back on this?

I heard of using smoke from a fire to cover you smell. It makes sense to me anyone else have any feed back on this?

depends, out west animals fear smoke due to wildfires, out east, wood stoves and stuff desensitize them

Comment

Im with Redfishhunter. The Indians never had scent blocker.

Comment

Works as well or better as anything in a spray bottle and has for a few millenium

Comment

You can use whatever you want as cover scent as long as you play the wind :-)

Comment

I woke up the other day to find deer licking the leftover charred logs on the edge of my fire pit. No fear their, thats for sure. Of course, they were does, Booners operate on a whole other level.

Comment

might work never tried it i have been awakened from several naps by deer standing over me making chattering noises.two times it was bucks.i dont use any cover scent at all.try snoring to attract deer
              my hunting buddy says i sound like a chain saw

Comment

as others have said play the wind not your sent. i know someone who would smoke pot in his blind but because of the wind he still killed deer.

Comment

Might work, but then again you might just smell like a boy scout that has been on a camping trip.

Comment

I you are hunting in an area where a light smoke smell is normal, sure

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad