Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I heard the other day that you could soak used thremacell pads in doe urine and put it back in your thermacell and run it and it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heard the other day that you could soak used thremacell pads in doe urine and put it back in your thermacell and run it and it

I heard the other day that you could soak used thremacell pads in doe urine and put it back in your thermacell and run it and it would, obviously, act like an attractant. Has anyone tried this? Does it work?

I wouldn't try that in my house or a vehicle I care about.

Comment

Haha, I wouldn't either but if it helped me kill a buck Id be all for it.

Comment

never tried it

Comment

Who wants a deer THAT bad? Ugh!

Comment

Try it out, and if it works, please let us know. I wouldn't keep it right next to me, maybe place it 20 yards from the stand or so.

Comment

It sounds like it would be a great idea!

Comment

Say good bye to scent free bug protection. Where you going to keep it when you are done?

Comment

You wouldn't catch me trying it. After working extensively with deer for several years, I find that nothing beats a natural scent trail laid out by a hot doe. Pattern the does just prior to the pre-rut chasing phase and you'll know where the bucks will be traveling.

Comment

This sounds like one of those ideas that sound spectacular on paper, but maybe not so much in reality. I just don't know if the scent would be strong enough after dispersal, or reach far enough. I'd much rather rely on a few well-placed scent bombs or dragging a scent-soaked cloth behind you to make a trail.

Comment

I dropped a H-S cow elk urine wafer in my buddy's truck wrapped in a paper napkin as a little payback for leaving one on his vest in my truck overnight and it rubbing off on my leather seat earlier in the week. When we rolled out of the motel in Boise the next morning, my son and I were just about in tears watching him come out of the parking lot with both windows down in 20 degree weather. We could see both of them looking around going down the interstate. We managed to contain our amusement at Cracker Barrel through breakfast and got another good laugh watching them ransack the cab in the parking lot after breakfast. Bee----don't even think about it....

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad