Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many on this site are from West Virginia? I'm from Shepherdstown but now live in Colorado. I try to get back each year to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many on this site are from West Virginia? I'm from Shepherdstown but now live in Colorado. I try to get back each year to

How many on this site are from West Virginia? I'm from Shepherdstown but now live in Colorado. I try to get back each year to do a little hunting because it takes so long to get a tag here.

Have you ever checked on the leftover OTC tags? They may not be for the most prime areas, but I've always been able to get OTC bull elk here in CO, and know people who do the same with deer. Not sure what type of hunting you're talking about, but if it's deer and elk, that's something to check out.

Comment

Im from Texas

Comment

Takes a long time to get a tag in CO? You must be doing something wrong. I have never failed to get at least one first choice and usually all my first choice tags. There are always leftover tags for some units for all species, and there are always unlimited over-the-counter tags that you can buy right up to the day you want hunt (for elk).

Comment

I go there once a year snowskiing. We always see a bunch of deer on the drive in and out. I have also been to CO three times mule deer and elk hunting. Out of state tags can be a real pain. Where we hunt elk tags are OTC, but it may take three to five years to get a deer tag.

Comment

I live in the San Luis Valley. I can get over the counter elk tags. But I like to hunt deer and I don't want to drive across the state to a place I have never hunted before. It took me four years to get a tag for a deer here in the valley and seven for my elk and three years for a land owner permit and I got them all last year. My elk was one of a lifetime and the deer was over 25 inches and heavy beams. And I gave the land owner tag to my grandson. He got his first mule deer. So I have a good idea how the system works.

Comment

I live about 100 miles west of Shepherdstown in Grant County.

Comment

I'm from Mason County but live in Huntington now for school. I've been through Shepherdstown, nice area!

Comment

I live in Hardy County, maybe an hour and a half from Shepherdstown. Both of my kids and my son's girlfriend went to Shepherd (I drink from a Shepherd coffee cup every weekday), got some good friends around Martinsburg.

Comment

Never yet failed to draw a NR tag in Colorado. Just saying.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad