Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know that this is technically not a question about the outdoors but it does have to do with getting me places to fish. I have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ken -

Once again, well stated, though I doubt very much that jbird will understand everything you posted. From an engineering perspective you hit the nail on the head. As you stated, every vehicle (cars are no exception) has a resonant frequency that can be exploited by any manufacturer.

This post hits close to home as I am driving my second Tundra. The first was an extended cab from the days when the front doors had to be opened in order to open the rear doors. When we had our second child, I upgraded to a double cab to get the four full-size doors. With more than 6 years of driving Tundras I have not had a second of trouble out of either of them and have recommended them on numerous occasions. You just can't beat the reliability of Toyotas.

BTW, ken, out of curiosity, where do you live and what do you do (obviously engineering)?

Comment

Auburn Hunter-

Its true, he might not understand the reasoning for that video being BS (Though, admittedly it was clever BS on ford's part)

But, that is his fault, not mine. You throw a juicy piece of mathematical meat like that in front of an engineer and you'd better expect a response! You mess with the vibrational dynamics bull, you get the eigen-value horns ;-)

As far as where I live and work; I used to work in the auto industry. I currently work designing composite structures for satellites. I have lived in Ma and Mi, but I currently live in upstate NY. You?

Comment

Ken and Auburn hunter,
        Thanks for having my back. I have studied a little about resonance frequencies but I'm only a senior in high school. I am going into Mechanical Engineering next year at the University of Alabama in Huntsville.

Comment

Good ol' Birmingham, AL. Graduated from the University of Alabama at Birmingham in EE and went to work for the power company. An MBA later, still at the power company, closer to management and further from engineering. Kind of sad actually.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Moose Hunt
            by Moose1980
            No Joke Fitch 😁. If people are hunting near an active logging operation they'll often throw a skidder operator a few bucks to get their moose out....
            Today, 07:15 AM
          • Reply to Winchester deer season. .223 any experience.
            by Danbo
            My daughter is 15 also and I'm not liking it at al !!!!!!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 ....
            Today, 06:37 AM
          • Winchester deer season. .223 any experience.
            by Milldawg
            Son in law wants to use his ar-15 for deer season. He bought the deer season ammo any experience anyone. I offered him my back up 25-06 rem 700 with vx3i...
            10-19-2021, 10:58 AM
          • Reply to They Don't Know Why
            by labrador12
            In Rome on Oct 9th there was a protest over Covid crap. It featured thousands of marchers chanting F*ck Joe Biden as they passed the American embassy!...
            Today, 06:32 AM
          • They Don't Know Why
            by jhjimbo
            Non Covid related deaths are spiking in Europe in those under 50 and they don't know why.
            Yesterday, 09:42 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X