Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey all, i was planning on going catfish fishing next weekend and was just wondering what the best bait, time, waters etc. would

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with Big O and + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• KMB33
    replied
    I think i will be using some chub and expired meats, but thanks for time and places. We will go at night. It is a birthday party so we probably wont sleep any ways.

Leave a comment:

• FloridaHunter1226
    replied
    It depends on where you live with the waters and times. As for bait, it usually is the same for all cat fish... they will love chiken/turkey liver (which you can get at the local grocery story) and also a little more expensive is the Berkley Catfish Dough which I have heard works pretty good too. Well I wish you luck, catch the monster!

Leave a comment:

• Big O
    replied
    Chicken livers, worms(night-crawlers),brem(sun-fish,etc.) and stink baits all work well. As for time, I'd have to say any time from dark till dawn.
    Good luck and Good fishing !

Leave a comment:

• mattreney
    replied
    oh sorry and the best time is as late as night as posible in slow moving or still waters they seem to hang around the bottom in all parts of the water whether it be deep or shallow

Leave a comment:

• mattreney
    replied
    if your setting up a bunch of poles try a bunch of baits. all the cat fish i caught in ct were on either worms or some kind of greasy disquisting food. rotten meat i heard works good to. my grandfather said they would use rotten chicken in arkansaa he said it was the best catfish bait he ever used he said the worst it smells the more they bite
    -matt

Leave a comment:

• KingFisher907
    replied
    good luck fishing kmb!

Leave a comment:

• KingFisher907
    replied
    I envy you cat-fishermen...those fish are just incredibly delicious...I think they might be my favorite fish to eat...too bad we dont have catfish in Alaska..

Leave a comment:

• Hey all, i was planning on going catfish fishing next weekend and was just wondering what the best bait, time, waters etc. would

Hey all, i was planning on going catfish fishing next weekend and was just wondering what the best bait, time, waters etc. would be. We will probably set up a bunch of poles, then go fishing.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad