Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the most fun that you had eather hunting or fishing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the most fun that you had eather hunting or fishing.

what is the most fun that you had eather hunting or fishing.

I'd love to tell you, but I would have to change too many names to protect the guilty!

Comment

The first huntin' season my son got back from Iraq, as a sniper, we went hunting together,at a friends farm in south central Kentucky.

I had seen a World Class Buck, Typical, 220 plus, before we left to go to this farm, and knew I wasn't shootin' anything less.

An hour and a half after daylight, we watched several bucks displaying all of the dominant characteristics, and waited for a bigger one to enter the field we were scoping.

In walks this 190-plus ... the bucks in the field gave him a wide berth. My son asks me if I want to take him, as I was staring in amazement at his rack.

I said no,and my son kept asking me,are you sure? Yeah, I'm sure! By that time twelve does get up and run pass the Giant and he decides to follow.

We had a total of 12-seconds to decide and take the shot. I still keep hearing my son say,"are you sure?" "Are you sure?"

Comment

Any small stream fishing or fishing a new spot is usually top.

Comment

Whitebass fishing on the Wolf river with my grandparents. They were running hard and we couldn't keep our poles in the water. It was just one of those days.

Comment

Fun is to general of a term. I 've had tons of that hunting, so let me focus on one hilarious experience.

We had spotted a neat Bighorn Ram in Wyoming, the only problem was how to get to it. There were cliffs everywhere between us and a decent approach. I came up with the hair brained scheme that if we slide down a frozen snow slope we might have a chance at the ram before dark. We cut poles to ride down like witches on broom sticks. I went first, it was pretty scary, but made it. The assistant guide came next, was pretty funny, but he skittered to a stop. Than came the guide, who was at best dubious to this strategy. About half way down his pole broke, and he came flying every which way down the snow slide. This was 200 yards of horror before we bulldogged him. We all were laughing so hard I don't have a clue what happened to the ram.

Comment

I took a trip up to a camp in northern west virginia last fall. It was during bow season So one of my friends went bow hunting and was successful. He killed a doe. My other friend went trout fishing on the Potomac River and he caught two or three. And i went squirrel hunting because i had already killed my limit with my bow and i didn't bring my fishing pole. But i was successful as well. That night for supper we had squirrel gravy, trout, and the inside tenderloins of a deer. It was a great experience

Comment

A ten day hunting trip to Alaska's Afognak Island with tags for Brown bear, Elk and Sitka BT's. It rained for 8 days. We never saw a bear. The only Elk we saw was a huge herd of about 50 Bulls, Cows and Calfs from the air. I shot a huge BT buck (Pic in my Photo files) and we got a total of 7 deer. Had a great time in wild country camping with good friends, drinking Irish coffee and enjoying good stories around the fire.

Comment

Now that I've lost my Grand-dad, dad and brother. I'd have to say all the times that I got to spend with them hunting/fishing from a young age.

Comment

All My experiences in Africa fight for a place as my most fun moment, but honestly I believe that the most fun I have had in the out doors happened when my older cousin and I found a huge bed of red bellied and warmouth sun fish. I guess it was just the joy of being in the outdoors on a beautiful summer day with my family.

Comment

i think the funest hunting trip was my first pheasent it wasnt that big but it was kinda cool because that was the first time i actually put meat on the table on my own. fishing was probably a catfish that was the biggest fish i ever caught

Comment

I love hunting and fishing with my family. I always have a good time when my Uncle is around. He has one of those personalities that just cracks me up and makes it a good time to be around him.

Comment

hunting because you get to shoot things

Comment

anything that's a first is the best for me.

Comment

every time i go fishing it seems like i have more fun than the last

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad