Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's start a petition here to get rid of the offensive ads in the back of Field and Stream!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's start a petition here to get rid of the offensive ads in the back of Field and Stream!

Let's start a petition here to get rid of the offensive ads in the back of Field and Stream!

I'd join a petition like this it seems to me that people who don't know what outdoors magazines who see this make quick assumptions about it.

Comment

i would join too, but i doubt you would get anywhere, but i hope you do.

Comment

I'd go for it but would like to know more about which ads?

Comment

You know, I just tried to post an answer standing up for F&S describing how the average male hunter is in his 40's, so these adds are fairly relevant. I used specific names such as [email protected] and [email protected] but it wouldn't let me post the comment because of the use of "obscene words" I have never experienced such hypocrisy. Forget you F&S.

Comment

What ads are you talking about?

Comment

The adds in the back of the magazine after the articles

Comment

I agree all but last time we tried anything we just got a long letter about how they are targeting us wven though i am 14. The last thing i need is my parents seeing that in the back of every magazine i read there are tehse adds. That is ridicoulous. How would we go about a petition though?

Comment

The last time this pot got stirred I asked a similar question in this section and the answers were pretty much ambivalent... I guess I'll just be content not to fit the demographic they describe...

It is a shame though.

Comment

Keep the ads. Good looking girls need jobs too. Protesting these ads would put American girls out of work.

Comment

I will agree with you all that the magazine would be much better without the ads in the back....However, without those ads F&S most likely wouldnt be able to pay its staff or possibly even be published. I think they are pretty much stuck where they are at.

Comment

We've been through this before. Ads are money. How can Dave go to New Zealand without those ads. LOL

Comment

If folks weren't buyin' the boner pills, they wouldn't be paying F&S to advertise em. I personally find them humorous.

Comment

Ads are money, they need to pay writers, pay for paper, for ink, pay the editors and pay the guy who sweeps the floors. Either they make the money with ads or they raise the subscription price. This is capitalism, stuff costs money and the more they can make from ads the less they need to make from us. If you are displeased with the ads in the back of the magazine gather your money together and buy the space for yourself, then Bonnier publishing will make the same amount of money Dave and Phil and the guy who sweeps the floors will keep their jobs, my subscription rates wont go up, and you can find something new to whine about.

Comment

This would be the petition. Just keep posting that you want the ads gone!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad