Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

seeing as we have vegans on our site what do you guys think of them and their views about use and hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seeing as we have vegans on our site what do you guys think of them and their views about use and hunting?

seeing as we have vegans on our site what do you guys think of them and their views about use and hunting?

us*

Comment

Although I don't understand the vegan way of life, if there are vegans here, they must be ok. I mean, outdoor sports doesn't just mean hunting for stuff to kill. I have just as much fun target shooting (gun and bow), shooting at clays, catch-and-release fishing, etc., as I do actually filling my freezer. I'm sure these folks do as well.

Comment

Who are the vegans that use this site? Obviously as a sportsmen I feel that there views are idiotic and a result of the media-driven, feel-good society we live in today. In fact, it has been proven that over time vegans begin to lose brain mass and have much higher risk of developing issues such as dimentia and alzheimers. The study I read on the issue stated that this was partly because certain protiens and minerals were found almost exclusively in meat, and as humans our bodies are designed to have a balanced diet of both plants and flesh.

Comment

Why are my comments not showing?

Comment

What, theres vegans on here? I would respect them like I would hope they would respect hunters. It is a free country so I hope they would keep there thoughts and opinions to themselves as we should. Just because I(We?), do not agree doesnt mean there wrong or right. I know this isnt how it works but one can hope cant he.

Comment

We have vegans? Where where, aint never seen me a vegan.

Comment

I was told long ago that the word vegetarian was an Indian word that means hunts badly.

Comment

To those that are vegetarian/ vegan, I say that you cannot truly understand your place in nature until you have engaged in the life/ death struggle that happens to every other species in our world.
                  Hunting, and taking life, puts you right in the struggle.

Comment

jonsadusk is a vegan or at least claims to be and has been posting comments a lot

Comment

There is nothing wrong with vegans. But when they come on a site deticated to hunting and fishing then they start dissing the things we love we have a right to stand up for our selves. The bad thing is if we were to go to their sites and post nasty messages, we sure as heck would get in trouble for it. It seems to come down to a sign of respect I'll respect thier ways as long as they dont get in my face and start saying crap about or ways. You have to look at both sides before you start assuming. And no it does not suck for bieng a non-vegan, its our way of life and we love it. My family survives on wild game, and they will always eat it, if I have a say in it. There is nothing like a big healthy elk steak on the table,and knowing that you worked hard for it.

Comment

Well, I have always seen it as if they can keep their mouths shut then I will keep mine shut. That doesnt always happen....Then they become vegan-activists. Thats when it gets really annoying.

Comment

I THINK THEY ARE A BUNCH OF WEIRD, TREE HUGGIN,LIBERLAR CLOSED MINDED,IGNORANT S.O.B.S. UNLESS THEY ARE DUING IT FOR HEALTH REASONS

Comment

My first vegan was when I was sixteen, oh wait, sorry.

Comment

To each his own, they have a right to eat what they like just as I have a right to eat what I like. I grew up hunting and fishing and I enjoy eating meat and veggies.

To each his own

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad