Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The jury is in on the musroom recipe. Morels cooked in Cream of chicken soup over steamed rice and a KC strip steak make a great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The jury is in on the musroom recipe. Morels cooked in Cream of chicken soup over steamed rice and a KC strip steak make a great

The jury is in on the musroom recipe. Morels cooked in Cream of chicken soup over steamed rice and a KC strip steak make a great meal. However I'm not ready to stop breading and frying them either. What say you?

del, that first recipe sounds like heaven. make omelettes with them. breading them and frying them is great, but i like bein creative. grill them! cook em with turkey! cook em with fish. yummm

Comment

Morels can be found in the high mountain meadows during the late summer. Some folks ride 20-30 miles to get them. They will haul out as many as they can put on a couple packhorses. Fried, grilled, sauteed, or most any other way is wonderful with a fine Angus steak.

Comment

Both sound great. The cream of chicken one would be good with wild turkey too.

Comment

Del,

I wish I could find them doen here with regularity. I can ocassionally find one or two. One turkey season in the late 90's I found a motherload. I made sure to leave some for seed. Since that day the same area has provided zip... I guess all our deer get to them first. Same thing with the wild strawberry.

As for cooking them? I'll take them any way I can get them!

Comment

dang, that sounds delicious!

Comment

I should correct my above statement as it is in the late spring or early summer that we find Morels, not late summer. Fumbling fingers must be running ahead of a distracted mind. They are also great with any elk steak that you might have after being sauteed or battered. A couple times we deep fried them in a pot over an open fire on the side of the creek along with the Rainbows we had hooked only minutes before.

Comment

It sounds delicious!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad