Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last week A bearded hen came in to my call. Her beard was fairly thick and at least 8 inches long. We usually see one or two be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beekeeper
    replied
    Del,

There are two hens that I regularly see within a half mile of my home. One of them has a beard ten inches long and as thick as any gobbler you will ever see. The other one has a beard about 8 inches long and it is fanned out like a small dust broom. Both hens are on the large side, I'd say the 10 inch hen will go 12-13 pounds. Pretty big for a hen in my neck of the woods...

Leave a comment:

• Big O
    replied
    Not this year. I've seen 3 in my time. I heard they are "pretty thick" in N.W. Ark though.

Leave a comment:

• hunterkid94
    replied
    nope

Leave a comment:

• dgbroox
    replied
    I have seen two in alabama this year but they were very thin.

Leave a comment:

• muskiemaster
    replied
    Actually this might not sound so true but we did two years ago during a fall turkey season harvest a bearded hen with some white tail feathers and wing feathers.

Leave a comment:

• TJ
    replied
    I also live in KS, and I usually see a bearded hen every year

Leave a comment:

• Last week A bearded hen came in to my call. Her beard was fairly thick and at least 8 inches long. We usually see one or two be

Last week A bearded hen came in to my call. Her beard was fairly thick and at least 8 inches long. We usually see one or two bearded hens each year. Most hen beards are thin and fairly short. Has anyone else seen any this year?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad