Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can a senator who ran, and was elected as a republican suddenly decide they want to change parties? If they want to change p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can a senator who ran, and was elected as a republican suddenly decide they want to change parties? If they want to change p

How can a senator who ran, and was elected as a republican suddenly decide they want to change parties? If they want to change parties shouldn't they be replaced with a republican since that is who the people elected?? This does not seem fair to the people who elected him.

I think he was a Republican in name alone for some time. He pretty well had to formally claim to be a Democrat since he was one of the three Republican who were persuading into voting yes on the most recent Obama stimulus and Specter also is more approving of the trillion dollar deficit budget. Specter has made the move of no return. If the economy is back on track when he is up for re-election he will look smart. In the more likely scenario where trillions of dollars of debt keep the economy crawly I think you will see a big swing back to Republican control.
    Even though in my mind both parties could do everyone a favor and walk into a blast furnace.

Comment

It's his option. Not a question for here.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad