Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For fun I took the BB gun out earlier and got about a half dozen bumble bees with it. I got the idea from my uncle who has shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coyotekid123
    replied
    I get a lawn chair and put it on our walk way and shoot the flies. When we empty out the corn crib I'll grab my pellet gun and shoot the mice and rats as they run off.

Leave a comment:

• texasfirst
    replied
    RockySquirrel, I had a college professor who did the same thing when he was in college at an elite liberal arts college in the midwest (but back in the 1960s). And SquirrelGirl, check out the rattlesnake in my profile under my photos. I got a few thumbs down for that beauty, even though I shot it under my kids' trampoline!

Leave a comment:

• Xman98
    replied
    I so i usely shoot dragonflys of fence posts

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    I have a BB pistol that I specifically use to shoot carpenter bees on my deck. I hate the holes they dig and of course they hover so nice. It seems like a better solution than RAID to me.

Leave a comment:

• RockySquirrel
    replied
    Texasfirst; When I was a kid (yes here it comes), we could take our 22 or BB gun to the town dump and shoot the rats. Now people are too politically correct to shoot rats. No longer allowed. Shame.

Leave a comment:

• squirrelgirl
    replied
    Well rattlesnakes serve a valuable purpose keeping the rodent population in check but that doesn't deter me from turning them into confetti if they start hanging around the homestead. just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• small game sportsman
    replied
    I use airsoft guns for bugs normally and save the pellets for small game.

Leave a comment:

• country road
    replied
    I kill the carpenter bees because if they keep boring holes in the supports of my tractor shed, it's gonna collapse one day. They even drill into the treated wood.

Leave a comment:

• texasfirst
    replied
    One thing about bugs: nobody armed with anything but DDT is going to put a dent in their populations (and even then...). I prefer furry disease spreading vermin and a .22 or .380 around the farm. Never a shortage there, so plenty of fun and tactical shooting practice.

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    Hunt wasps with a tea cup of regular unleaded.

Leave a comment:

• jay
    replied
    Bumble bees provide pollination and are benefitial to the eco system. If you want to hunt insects that sting; shoot wasps.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    Did I say magnifying glass I meant Death Ray and Sunny Day

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    Growing up in an urban setting. We would hunt ants over bait [bubble gum]. Weapon of choice a magnifying glass and a sunny day

Leave a comment:

• Hoski
    replied
    As a youngster recuperating from a pretty severe burn, I used to spend hours sitting on the back porch picking off ants on the sidewalk. Didn't need to worry about ricochets as the sidewalk was next to a half mile wide river gulf.

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    Some of the old boys shoot pound frogs with pellet air pistols when its to Hot to Bass Fish, they will eat frog lags at the VFW and go bass fishing in the cool dark of morning.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad