Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you guys think about the Browning BuckMark .22 pistols?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you guys think about the Browning BuckMark .22 pistols?

what do you guys think about the Browning BuckMark .22 pistols?

for the money, they are the best semi-auto pistols on the market. many folks may disagree and say the ruger .22s are the best but I don't think you would get much argument from anyone that the rugers and brownings are tops as far as 22 pistols.

the buckmarks fit me better so thats what I prefer.

Comment

very good pistol

Comment

Great guns. I've got an old one from the Belgian days. Most accurate .22 pistol I've ever shot.

Comment

Good guns, but I'm a ruger fan myself((like the grip better).

Comment

go with a walther p22 or a sig mosquito.

Comment

Great guns, I ended up with a ruger 22/45, mostly due to availability and a lower price tag.

Comment

kolbster, I've heard nothing but bad things about both the walther and sig mosquito. Check any firearm forums out there for either piece and you get a whole lot of negative. Its ashamed about the mosquito; it had such high expectations because of the sig name and from what I hear and read it is a total POS.

If money is not a concern; I would have to really take a hard look at the Beretta cheetah .22.

Comment

Cleaner lines and a better overall fit and finish that the Mark III. For a dedicated 22 pistol the buckmark would be my choice. They are tack drivers too.

Comment

The barrel attachment for the BuckMark leads to some annoying field stripping steps, but of course the Ruger has annoying field-stripping issues as well. I like my Walther P22 as a plinker, but it's not the greatest tack driver. My favorite .22 handgun is my S&W model 17 revolver - good quality and balance, nice sights, tack-driver accurate, good for training, plinking, small game, you name it. Even drilled and tapped for a scope mount if you go for that. In a semi-auto I like the High Standard pistols, which are still on the market.

Comment

I've owned the Walther P22 and a Buckmark, other than taking it apart it is an excellent gun, shoots well, and well made.

Comment

I say the Ruger Mark II's and III's are better.

Comment

A good gun. Definitely among the top 3 for .22 autoloaders. However, I've had great luck with my Ruger MkIII for the same stuff.

Comment

Agreed with CPT BRAD and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Trump Discusses Covid Statistics
                              by 99explorer
                              CRM - It would be nice if you could address the issues presented in opposing comments instead of deriding the person posting the comments.
                              Anybody
                              Today, 01:09 AM
                            • Trump Discusses Covid Statistics
                              by rock rat

​​​​​​[email protected]: “Oh, you’re doing death as a proportion of cases. I’m talking about death as a proportion of population....
                              Yesterday, 09:27 AM
                            • Reply to The George Floyd case.
                              by 99explorer
                              Dream on boys. We've all seen an actual cold-blooded murder take place on TV, and the kneeling cop will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law....
                              Today, 12:57 AM
                            • The George Floyd case.
                              by FirstBubba
                              Body cam footage shows Floyd wasn't murdered. The cop kneeling on his neck might have been negligent, but his actions did not kill Floyd.
                              Minnesota...
                              Yesterday, 10:23 PM
                            • Reply to The George Floyd case.
                              by crm3006
                              My mistake, I didn't realize the Minnesota AG was going to prosecute. I thought it was U.S. Attorney Erica MacDonald. ellison being a muslim, there is...
                              Yesterday, 11:24 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X