Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Turkeys failed to cooperate this morning but not the Morels!! Recipes anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Turkeys failed to cooperate this morning but not the Morels!! Recipes anyone?

The Turkeys failed to cooperate this morning but not the Morels!! Recipes anyone?

Cut them in half length ways, soak in salt water for a couple hours. Cut into approx 1/2 inch chunks, simmer in cream of chicken soup for about 20 minutes, serve over a good steak and mashed potato's.

Comment

I have always cut them in half, soak them for a few hours in salt water, batter and fry them. Normally i use flour, egg, milk, then usually add some seasoning depending if i want them cajun style or not. Turns out pretty good especially for an appetizer to a big meal.

Comment

We just cut them up, put them in a bag with flour and shake them aorund. Then throw them in the frying pan until they are cooked good. Some use ketchup but straight up for me.

Comment

Del, do what nathan said. Use seasoning of choice on 'rooms but I do use Lowrey's seasoning salt on my flour.

Comment

I just fry them in real butter, salt and pepper. My mom use to add them to her homemade gravy when she would make a roast; that is probably the best way to have them. I married a woman that can't boil water so i'm sh!t out of luck with the gravy thing.

Comment

Jay, I feel your pain.

Comment

Thanks everyone, think I will try the soup thing since have already tried the others.

Comment

Turkeys didn't cooperate here either. Nor did the wind. As for the morels, Saute'm up and eat with steak or venison.

Comment

Let me know how you like them in the cream of chicken. We tried it the first time in camp since we didn't have any butter to sauté as we did normally, but we had soup. We ended up fighting over the mushrooms, and plates and pans were licked clean than evening.

Comment

Here is the Link for Morels Recipes
                      http://thegreatmorel.com/recipes.html

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Trump Discusses Covid Statistics
                        by 99explorer
                        CRM - It would be nice if you could address the issues presented in opposing comments instead of deriding the person posting the comments.
                        Anybody
                        Today, 01:09 AM
                      • Trump Discusses Covid Statistics
                        by rock rat

​​​​​​[email protected]: “Oh, you’re doing death as a proportion of cases. I’m talking about death as a proportion of population....
                        Yesterday, 09:27 AM
                      • Reply to The George Floyd case.
                        by 99explorer
                        Dream on boys. We've all seen an actual cold-blooded murder take place on TV, and the kneeling cop will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law....
                        Today, 12:57 AM
                      • The George Floyd case.
                        by FirstBubba
                        Body cam footage shows Floyd wasn't murdered. The cop kneeling on his neck might have been negligent, but his actions did not kill Floyd.
                        Minnesota...
                        Yesterday, 10:23 PM
                      • Reply to The George Floyd case.
                        by crm3006
                        My mistake, I didn't realize the Minnesota AG was going to prosecute. I thought it was U.S. Attorney Erica MacDonald. ellison being a muslim, there is...
                        Yesterday, 11:24 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X