Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think hunting/fishing companies come on hunting forums and see what we talk about and think of their products, and then u

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think hunting/fishing companies come on hunting forums and see what we talk about and think of their products, and then u

Do you think hunting/fishing companies come on hunting forums and see what we talk about and think of their products, and then use them to better design products?

They should. We know what we're talking about.

Comment

I would hope so! It would be cheaper and more effective for them, than driving to a sporting goods store and asking patrons for feedback on their products.

Comment

agreed all, i tyhink they would get good ideas and save loads of money on marketing research

Comment

To be honest with you I don’t think they do

Back in if I remeber right 1994, Ben Avery shooting Range was being sold and wanted everyones input so they had a meeting open to all. I was sitting next to one of the Big Guns from The Ruger Company and by the way Ruger was the only Manufacturer there and a special goes out to those folks!! I asked him if Ruger was considering changing the barrel twist for the Mini 14 to at least a 1-9 twist to shoot 60 grain plus so new competition shooters can get into the game and use it on deer more effectively. Surprisingly He didn’t know there was problem a problem and taken what I said seriously knowing I was there representing the Air Force High Power Team.

Comment

They should, and I think they do. It's a great spot for unbiased opinions on products. Plus we usually give pretty good input on what needs to be improved.

Comment

i wish...nudge nudge

Comment

I doubt it they go with what the PRO TEAM has to say that is the "PRO HUNTERS" and "PRO FISHERMEN" have to say. I know that I don't spend as much time on the water as those guys but I spend more than most and I have never met a guy at the dock asking me what I caught and on what other than a local guy.

Comment

Asking the pros is a foolish marketing practice, because they are not a significant market share. What they want doesn't represent what we want. I catch bass on ultralight tackle anywhere, yet they insist on 20+ pound test line, and fish in ways that I don't. So why ask them? They aren't buying all the stuff. We are.

Comment

I'm sure it's possible,I also think they rely on our feed back through product testing and direct contact with them via E-mail, letters(some people still write)though.

Comment

I hope they do, to pick up on some of the things that we want. What I really think is that they tell us what we want. Many companies will have a PRO hunter use a product to give it some publicity... maybe even run them in a commerical or two. Even if the product is total crap or maybe even breaks apart after a week of use, many hunters will still buy because the "Drury Brothers" use it. Some might not add up to this but I have seen my fair share of instances where some hunters buy products because of the people who use them and not the product itself.

Comment

No. But [email protected] has an icon that companies can come on and post their products. Then if we have used the product we can write our reviews or comments.

Comment

No they don't. They pay big bucks to their marketing dept. to figure out what we want.

Comment

Agreed with Jim in Mo and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad