Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one doing any squirrel hunting yet this spring??? Heading to the deserts of South Idaho next weekend on our annual varmint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one doing any squirrel hunting yet this spring??? Heading to the deserts of South Idaho next weekend on our annual varmint

Any one doing any squirrel hunting yet this spring??? Heading to the deserts of South Idaho next weekend on our annual varmint hunting safari, loaded up 500 rounds of 55gr Nosler Ballistic tips 250 over 41 grains of benchmark powder (shot a 5 shot .33 inch group at 100yrds with my Tikka) and 250 over IMR 4895 (haven't tested yet).

Failed to mention my Tikka T3 lite is in .243 Win caliber.

Comment

Our season here in MI is Oct.1 to March 31st, so nope not yet.

Comment

Glad you mentioned 243, 33.6 grains of Benchmark is max for the 22-250 for the 55 grainer! By the way 243 in 55 grain are out of stock at Nosler!

Comment

Best of luck on the trip. I hope it's quality time and the weather favors you.

Comment

Squirrel hunting ends Feb 28th here in GA but yes I did a good bit of squirrel hunting before the season ended.

Comment

I was lucky Clay, in that I stocked up a couple years ago, but now I may be a little more conservative with my shooting if I can't replace what I have loaded. I can't believe the reloading components are so scarce, I am hoping a positive may be a surplus of materials and lower prices after this hording period has passed (as long as the Government doesn't screw with things). I should have mentioned also that it is ground squirrels we will be after, as we have no season for our red tree squirrels.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad