Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody here own air rifles? i always thought they were kind of a joke but i was looking into them last night and they actually

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody here own air rifles? i always thought they were kind of a joke but i was looking into them last night and they actually

anybody here own air rifles? i always thought they were kind of a joke but i was looking into them last night and they actually look like a ton of fun. i see that some of them also can shoot up to 1000+ fps. do they shoot pellets? just like a pellet gun right? are there different kinds of air rifles? please give me all the info you have to offer. i'm considering buying one after i buy my 25-06. any recommendation on which air rifle to buy?

The Big Cat by Gamo isnt a bad gun. Im sure theres a better gun but once its sighted in its a ton of fun. I love to bird hunt with it and have killed a squirrel. It comes with a 4X35 or somthing scope and gets 1200fps with pba ammo(it comes with some) with lead ammo it only gets 1000fps. i highly recommend this gun. Although like most air rifles they need to be sighted in often.

Comment

oh and yes they do shoot pellets and are like a pellet gun but are break action intead of pump. you dont need co2 or anything. oh and any good one is single shot break action.

Comment

The Gamo Whisper looks good also. The old model Benjamins were excellent rifles but are difficult to locate. A pellet at 1100 fps or so can be a very lethel weapon in the right shooter's hands.

Comment

I go squirrel hunting with the Gammo Shadow 1000. I love mine and it will nock those squirrels right out of the trees with out a problem. They are a lot of fun to hunt with.

Comment

Dont know if my Crosman 66 powermaster counts, but it shoots pellets and bbs and i have killed pigeons and sparrows with it. It is loads of fun. I have put almost 2000 bb and pellets through it in the year i have had it.

Comment

I have an RWS and mine is not accurate. I need accuracy more than speed. I shoot about 2 - 3 inch groups at 20 yards which is crap. It is a pain in the rear to have a squirrel 20 yards away and not be able to hit it.

Comment

Agreed with DakotaMan and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
                  by FirstBubba
                  Ya know bhr!
                  I think conservatives have figured out that "racist" and "sexist" are trigger words and liberals use them to shut...
                  Today, 03:57 PM
                • 16 Years
                  by jhjimbo
                  So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                  Yesterday, 09:20 PM
                • Reply to 16 Years
                  by FirstBubba
                  "... I need a life? Just shooting geese and pheasants doesn't constitute a life? Oops, you forgot about big bucks every year, African animals, fly...
                  Today, 03:40 PM
                • Reply to 16 Years
                  by bowhunter75richard
                  Up to November should be a very interesting time ! The D’s should have a easy time in that any criticism of Harris will result in racism/sexism charges...
                  Today, 03:34 PM
                • Reply to Trump
                  by Ontario Honker Hunter
                  That QAnon crap is so far out there. Ridiculous. Unbelievable that so many Americans are buying into it. But hey, why should I be surprised. National...
                  Today, 03:26 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X