Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

we all know that the Remington 870 is one of the greatest shotguns made. but what about a Franchi? Benelli SuperNova? Nova Pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we all know that the Remington 870 is one of the greatest shotguns made. but what about a Franchi? Benelli SuperNova? Nova Pump?

we all know that the Remington 870 is one of the greatest shotguns made. but what about a Franchi? Benelli SuperNova? Nova Pump? why are they not listed up there with a Remington 870?

It's not that there aren't other guns out there that aren't good/great guns, but if given the choice 98% of people would go with the 870. Every one knows that the 870 is a good reliable gun, and most every one has either hunted with one or knows someone that does. The same can't be said for alot of other guns.

Comment

you make a good point. so you think it's just because it became popular as a reliable gun?

Comment

Reid, if my memory is correct, the 870 has been around since the 60's, and over 10,000,000 of them have been made. You take a shotgun that's been around and been popular on top of that for 50 years, it's going to be on the list. You just cant beat the 870 for function, reliability, and price. All the pumps you listed are more expensive than the 870. Also, rrmont makes a good point. Most everyone either has one or knows someone else who does. Always going bang helps it too.

Comment

Longevity, numbers produced/popularity, and look at WHO uses them, mostly state and federal agencies (not the military, and I don't know why)and most city police. There are other great guns out there but they either weren't popular at the time or too expensive to produce and were dicontiued or very hard to find.

Comment

The blue collar man can afford them and they last as long or longer than imaginable and they take a beating and keep on firing.

Comment

Few dollars, long life, nuff said

Comment

The mossberg should also be included, as for your question it comes down to two thing price(cheap)and most importantly TEST OF TIME, nuf said?

Comment

It's cheaper, shoots just the same or better, and looks better (Wingmaster).

Comment

Many of the earlier Wingmasters gave a higher quality appearance with pretty good bluing and fair impressed checkering. I once had a Light 20 with a 26" VR IC that had the small receiver and mahogony stock/forearm. It was a fantastic quail gun. Unfortunately I let someone talk me out of it long ago. I have seen only a hand full of this particular variation before or since. You always got your money's worth with an 870, still do.

Comment

It's a reliable gun and it been around for a while!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad