Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would a 20 gauge kill somebody if it was accidentally discharged into them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would a 20 gauge kill somebody if it was accidentally discharged into them?

would a 20 gauge kill somebody if it was accidentally discharged into them?

Your pretty new to this game huh? A pellet rifle will kill someone if their hit in the wrong spot. YES a 20ga shotgun will kill someone DEAD as a mackrel. So BE CAREFUL !!!!

Comment

Are you kidding? From close range (5 feet), a 20 guage would put about a 1" hole in the front of a person's chest with about a 3" exit hole in the back. Would that kill someone? You be the judge.

Comment

Big O nailed it. Don't experiment with it either.

Comment

Well depending on range and load...YES !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Accidental or not, of course a 20 guage could kill someone. Take a hunter safety course!

Comment

Uh, YES! and it doesn't matter what load you use. At close range you will be DRT.

Comment

scary

Comment

pascal, it doesn't sound like you've been around guns much so I would recommend a hunter's ed course. The sooner the better!

Comment

agree with solthman

Comment

A 20 gauge is deadly...no question. Please be extremely careful with all firearms.

Comment

A 410 will blow a hole clean thru the head of a 300 lb halibut and you want to know if a 20 guage is deadly. Is a pig pork? Is the Pope Catholic? Like BigO said a pellet gun can be deadly so don't screw around with guns. Get a hunter safety course under your belt before you pick up any gun of any kind.

Comment

All guns are deadly. Seems like you shouldn't handle them until you learn more.

Comment

pascal, first of all you got to be joking!

Go shoot an old car door at 5 yards and when it blows a hole in the metal the size of your fist you tell me!

This reminds me of,
                            While TSgt Paul Turner and I was out Coyote hunting, his pager went off; an Airman just shot himself in the foot and was in the ER. TSgt Turner was on weekend standby for Holloman AFB Ground Safety and we had to stop hunting and swoop in so he can investigate and make a report. A couple months went by and once again the same Airmen was in the ER and this time shot in the hand. The Airmen finally admitted he did it just to see what it felt like as the time before. I don’t know what they did to him but I bet he wasn’t around long!

Tell me, are you related to this Airman?

Comment

Not belittle you but yes it will, a 22 rifle will easily kill someone and a 1 oz 20 gauge is about 13.6 times as heavy as a 22 bullet (32 gn)

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad