Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have an on-going practical joke war with one of my hunting buddies. I am now in the position of owing him one, any suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skeeb
    replied
    Put a coyote mount in his stand...a buddy did to me i nearly cried/soiled my pants.

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    Tried this long ago and don't know how it would work with today's ignition systems... but long ago, I took about 10 feet of electrical wire and soldered it to a sharpened welding rod. When he went to his stand, I put one end of the wire in the distributor cap in place of a spark plug wire. I pushed the sharpened welding rod up through his pickup seat so it just barely came out. Upon his return, he jumped in and hit the starter... made a noticeable impressioin on him as he hit the top of the cab... not the most sophisticated trick but pretty good payback for a friend who is a real practical joker without disrupting the hunt.

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    Dang Del, you told me about your uncle but he was more of a 'jokster' than I thought.

Leave a comment:

• Fisher Boy
    replied
    Clay, My dad said that something happened like that at the place where he deer hunts down in the southern tip of Illinois. but a prank, i saw this in an email from a friend that you can pull on new comers to camp but i'm sure that you can work up a story that you heard something about telling if deer were near by. What you do is you put milk duds i think by the trail where you'll be walking. Then when you walk out there, you point them out and say the only way to see if they're fresh is to chew them up, grab a handful and eat them, then ask him if he would like to try some.

Leave a comment:

• 870 wingmaster 101
    replied
    Throw some Deer guts at him when he is not looking. Works every year!

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    My father told me a story about some neighbors that happened when he was a boy in the 1920's growing up in the woods of Southern Georgia. There was an old timer that lived in a cabin with his son's at the end of a long 1 lane dirt road. They was so economically challenged they didn't even have a mule. Every month on a Saturday morning one of the boys would walk to Grandpa's farm with a list and a couple dollars for food staples like meal and flour. Then that evening the old man and the oldest son would trek to the farm with an old homemade wheel barrow to pick up the supplies. The son would put on a shoulder harness and pull the 'barrow while the old man helped by lifting the handles and guiding from behind. Well one Saturday they lingered 'til after dark talking to dad's family and the subject was ghost stories. Finally with a small oil lamp for light the old man and his son set out for home. Well dad's brother Grady was a bit of jokester. He pilfered a white sheet from his moms linen closet, slipped out the back door and ran down the trail to a dark place where trees overhung the two track. Before long he heard the squeaking of the wheelbarrow and the two men talking as they walked the trail toward home. Draping the sheet over his head Grady raised up behind some palmettos and let out a long low moan. In record time the old man and son was back at dad's house with an empty wheel barrow screaming about the ghost they saw. Uncle Grady ran home and stashed the sheet while slipping in the back door. Needless to say they stayed the night. Next morning a party issued forth to try and recover the lost supplies. Dad said there was white flour, sugar and corn meal scattered all over the place where they had ran with that old wheel barrow. Uncle Grady didn't dare 'fess up. His father would have whipped him with a plow line for costing that old man his supplies. My dad repeated that story many times before he passed away. If you ever do this make sure they aren't armed.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    I forgot a good one I did just this year. My son told me a story about how a coon chased him on the trail while walking back from his stand one night. I happened to shoot a coon from my stand (perfect head shot 30 yds walking away, arrow of course) a few nights later. I got down out of my stand early and took the coon back to the truck. I tied a string around the coons neck and laid it in the high grass next to the trail and I hid in the grass on the other side.

When he came walking by I pulled the coon with the string from one side of the trail to the next right in front of him. Well, it didn't work perfectly. He saw the string before he saw the coon and as the coon passed by in front of him he said "Dad, what are you doing?"

We laughed about that for days.

Leave a comment:

• ken.mcloud
    replied
    If he leaves his truck unlocked, when he isn't looking pop open his fuse box and pull out the fuse marked "ECU" or ECM" This runs his engine computer.

When he goes to start it, the engine will turn over, the spark plugs will fire, but the injectors won't spray fuel. No matter what, it won't start.

Let him spend about half an hour pulling his hair out trying to find the problem. Then when he goes to call for a tow / mechanic hand him the fuse and say "I think you lost this buddy"

When you pop the fuse back in, the truck will start right up and you get to laugh your arsk off for about a month.

Leave a comment:

• Far Rider
    replied
    I don't think I could bring myself to pull a prank that would disrupt someone's hunt. Two fairly harmless pranks I have pulled include pouring flour into the air conditioning vents in a friend's car and encasing a friend's car keys in jello.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    Com'on guys you can do better than this. Haven't you ever given a trail camera the middle finger? Get out of your treestand early and go to a bar while your friend is still in the woods hunting? (this is especially good when the weather is bad) or call your buddy while he's in his treestand and tell him his bathrobe does not fit?

It's all about having a good time, being safe and building bonds.

Leave a comment:

• PotterMan96
    replied
    switch out his real shells with blanks

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    Oops the word is don't.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    About practical jokes for my friends one word... don't do it if you value my friendship.

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    P.S.
    The only practical joke I've pulled is I snuck into my buddies bunk and set his alarm clock for an hour early. That morning he kept yelling 'are you gonna hunt'? And I said 'I'm sick'. He got out there way ahead of time.

Leave a comment:

• Greenhead
    replied
    A fish under the seat of the truck is a personal favorite. If you are feeling generous you can put it on a plate or plastic bag to preserve his carpet.

Another good one is those little firecrackers that pop when you pull on the strings. These things were made for practical jokes. Tie them somewhere he will set them off when everything is silent. Car doors, the seat of his tree stand, inside of his gun case, etc.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad