Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Del-I read your earlier comment on how the Benelli Super Black Eagle was the Cadillac of turkey guns. Which one of the finishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Del-I read your earlier comment on how the Benelli Super Black Eagle was the Cadillac of turkey guns. Which one of the finishes

Del-I read your earlier comment on how the Benelli Super Black Eagle was the Cadillac of turkey guns. Which one of the finishes do you own? http://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/benelli_super_black_eagle_2.php

It said in the post, it was some green dull thing.

Comment

I bought a black one and sent it to Ultracoatingsinc and had it Parkerized in Army Olive Drab with is a flat green color. Guns that are dipped in camo look bad in a year or two because some solvents make the color run. Now days they have a new finish that's even better called Cerakote. There is a photo of my Kimber rifle that has the new cerakote finish on page 3 in my photo file. They even do all the internal parts so the gun absolutely will not rust inside or out. They also do different colors to suit your taste. It is really space age stuff that is light years better than bluing.

Comment

From your earlier post you said you wanted to shoot 3.5 inch and if so you may want to look into a gas operated auto such as the beretta Xtrema 2, browning gold or maxus, etc. they have less recoil and I would think that would be important. Nothing wrong with the SBE, I know waterfowler's that think they are the best thing since sliced bread.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad