Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when you sell a gun, how do you feel? are you happy that you're getting money to buy a different gun? or are is it hard for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when you sell a gun, how do you feel? are you happy that you're getting money to buy a different gun? or are is it hard for you

when you sell a gun, how do you feel? are you happy that you're getting money to buy a different gun? or are is it hard for you to give away a rifle/shotgun that you loved?

honestly is kinda hard....you lose a good gun but make money. I like the .234 i have so much im not selling it...its my new yote gun.

Comment

I have a hard time parting with them but if I am trading up, I can take it... I would not like just selling one for money and never have.

Comment

If I love the gun, I am not going to be selling it. I only sell the guns that I do not like or did not work for me.

Comment

once i buy a gun i have it forever,do not sell or give up

Comment

I've never sold a gun. All of my guns are excellent, not to mention old and valuable for some. Guess I'm lucky. I could see selling my Marlin XL7 in .30-06, even though I can hit quarters with it at 100. I just figure I'll replace it with a nicer lightweight '06 that's just as accurate, eventually. Or I could just keep it as a beater rifle. I probably will.

Comment

I have never sold a gun, and hopefully will never have to.

Comment

Laid off in '01 during the dot-com trash in Atlanta, I sold practically everything I owned to pay bills. Eventually we left Georgia anyway, but the forced selling of these, most bought many years ago and irreplaceable at almost any price, included...

H&K SL-7 (.308), H&K 91, H&K VP70Z, Mossberg Military shotgun, Whalther PPKS (stainless), and my Charter Arms "Son of Sam" Stainless .44 Spl. I really miss my FN Browning Hi-Power.

It hurts, bad, forever.

Comment

I try not to sell ones I love. Have had to due to the economy and kids to feed, have empty holes in my heart and gun wall now, really miss the Kimber .45 and my S&W Model 29 44 mag, but perhaps I will meet up with them or one of their kin again someday.

Comment

I have only done it once and I mourned it like a family member. Matter of fact, now that I put some thought to it, I got 1 or 2 family members I would mourn a little less. It wasn't a great gun. Not fancy, pretty, special or sentimental. But I have come to believe that they are alot like children. Even if they are ugly and not so bright, every one of them is a treasure and should be loved and taken care of.

Comment

In the ebb and flow of family finances, I've purchased firearms when things were going well and sold them when times were difficult, and we've gone through several lay-offs in our 26-year marriage. My firearms purchases have been very carefully deliberated for 20+ years and it pains me to sell any of them, but I try to keep my priorities in order and remain objective about it. I hope I don't have to sell any others out of necessity, and it's interesting to see the rifles that I've retained despite the difficult times...several "keepers" I've saved for last. I hope to pass a few of these to my son (and he has already expressed his preferences), but I reflexively prioritize what will go and what will stay after I've had time to work with a rifle or sidearm.

Comment

I buy and sell them all the time, the good ones go to the back of the safe though and are the last ones to come out. I'm getting my FFL so I hope to pick up more volume in the next few years.

Comment

I keep all my guns and hopefully I won't have to sell it to pay the bills!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad