Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is their a way to switch a right handed bolt to a left handed bolt? The gun is a Marlin Model 81 22. How much would it cost on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with DanInArkinsaw and + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• KMB33
    replied
    Thanks i think i am keeping it righty

Leave a comment:

• DanInArkinsaw
    replied
    If it were me, which it is not, I wouldn't try to convert it. You say it was passed down in the family, so even though I understand that you would love to actually use it, I believe it would be far better to preserve it in its original condition. Go out and buy yourself a lefty model and save this one in its current configuration for passing on to your children and thier children.

Leave a comment:

• KMB33
    replied
    agreed this is one good gun

Leave a comment:

• rabbitpolice88
    replied
    Ok, I had one given to me by a good friend about 10 years ago. He had it for 30 years and when he bought it, it was used. I was just wondering. I love mine, they don't make them like they used to.

Leave a comment:

• KMB33
    replied
    Rabbit Police, it has been in my family for 3 generations, so probably around 20-30 years.

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    Hold the rifle upside down and if you’re a liberal turn it around!!

Leave a comment:

• rabbitpolice88
    replied
    How long have you had the model 81? I have one and have never met anyone else that has one.

Leave a comment:

• rocky d bashaw
    replied
    buy another gun

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    A cutting torch, file and a hammer to bend the bolt works great!

Leave a comment:

• KMB33
    replied
    The rifle was passed down in my family, and i would like to be able to switch it, if not i would just leave it righty.

Leave a comment:

• Reid Jones
    replied
    my friend has a savage left .22 and it is PERFECT. i love shooting it, and i'm a righty. http://www.savagearms.com/markiigl.htm it's a VERY smooth little rifle. i love it

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    It would be far cheaper to just buy a lefty .22 rifle. Savage makes a good one complete with the accutrigger. CZUSA also make a very good lefty .22 in its models 452 and 453. The CZ is the more costly. I have one of each. The Savage is very accurate, the CZ super accurate. The Savage the can be had for about $160-180 the CZ will run from $320 to $380.

Leave a comment:

• Is their a way to switch a right handed bolt to a left handed bolt? The gun is a Marlin Model 81 22. How much would it cost on

Is their a way to switch a right handed bolt to a left handed bolt? The gun is a Marlin Model 81 22. How much would it cost on average?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad