Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much would 4 feet of 6 inch pvc cost for a rod reel case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much would 4 feet of 6 inch pvc cost for a rod reel case?

How much would 4 feet of 6 inch pvc cost for a rod reel case?

Should'nt cost you more than a couple of bucks(10.00?)
    Hope this helps.

Comment

Just go to your local electrical supply store or lowes. it shouldn't cost more than $10, but it's been a while since I priced PVC. Isn't 6-in a little big? what type of rod and reel are you putting in it?

Comment

Go to LOWES or Home Depot to find out!

Comment

pvc has gone through the roof, for 6in it will be about $40 between pipe and fittings.

Comment

Go to your local building supplier and ask for a piece the length you need. Most stores have a by the piece bin.

Comment

Alright, here's the lowdown.
              6" pvc is very expensive. Most home stores like Home Depot etc. will not have it. Your's may be different but I have to buy anything larger than 4" from my irrigation supplier
              A 20' stick right now lists for about $171.56 and is only sold by the 20' stick.
              Fittings like the end caps are around $30.00 ea. 6" fittings are also a pain to glue.
              My advice is to go with 3" or 4" pipe or whatever will fit your rod, the snugger the better. Hopefully you can buy in 10' lengths at the home stores. Some of them will sell it by the foot but a 10' stick is the smallest they make it in. You are looking at a cost difference of around $180.00 if you go with the smaller pipe.
              My guess is you were hoping to get your reel in with the rod. Probably not the best idea for cost reasons and you also probably don't want your reel banging around in the pipe.
              The costs are wholesale and the price changes frequently but it will give you some idea of why the smaller pipe is better.
              Good luck and I hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks, if i just get a couple inch PVC what should i use for the reel? I was trying to put the reel in to, but i would be willing to get a seperate case for it. Thanks.

Comment

Lowe's sells in 5 foot sections.

Comment

I carry mine in the pocket of my fishing vest. If you don't have a vest you might think about getting one, they are a handy way to carry enough tackle for a day of fishing without toting your whole box around. My full box weighs about 40 lbs so I have a couple of travel boxes that I can load for a day and carry in the back and side pockets of my vest.
                    If you fish with the sort of folks who will give you grief for wearing a fly fishing vest, they usually get over it after seeing how handy it is. All my buds did and most have one themselves now. Cabelas has a good cotton one.

Comment

Call Lowes or Home Depot and ask... different prices for different areas.

Comment

Less than $5

Comment

Good answer chuckles and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to More Bad News....
                            by Ontario Honker Hunter
                            Tough to lose one, especially in her prime. Especially that way. I would appreciate some shared memories when you are ready for that ... which will...
                            Today, 01:12 PM
                          • More Bad News....
                            by WA Mtnhunter
                            My 13+ year old Black Lab is still plugging along. Not sure how much or if he will hunt this fall. The real bad news is that my 8-year old Lab, Scout,...
                            07-19-2020, 12:00 PM
                          • Reply to Cheaper Than Dirt
                            by PigHunter
                            The Critical Defense 115g is designed for shorter barrels and lighter recoil. Here's an ammo test from YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/w...
                            Today, 12:53 PM
                          • Cheaper Than Dirt
                            by jhjimbo
                            Lots of ammo back in stock, but the prices are right up there to....
                            Today, 12:21 PM
                          • Reply to Ruski
                            by jhjimbo
                            I will take a Covid from a known, reputable Co. as well as the high-octane flu vaccine they have for seniors. Any stimulation to your immune system can...
                            Today, 12:45 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X