Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone else made this mistake? I was out shooting my Ruger Mark II yesterday. I left some ammo in my pants pocket and put th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Good answer herbie57_57 and + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• hunt_fish_sleep
    replied
    Reid,
    Shooting them is not a big deal. The worst that could happen is that the powder is wet and it doesn't go off. There is no real danger so save the safety police role. Don't you have about 1,000,000 questions about Ruger M77's to be asking?

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    HA! I got one better than that!!!!

Not only have I had cartridges run thru the washer and dryer, I dropped a 22LR on the living room carpet and one Saturday morning while I was eating breakfast, my Mother found it with her vacuum cleaner, “BOOM” and so did her temper!!

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    herbie57, thank god for helpful mothers.

Leave a comment:

• herbie57_57
    replied
    I have done this with shotgun shells and ended up missing a turkey because of it. I was still in high school and my mom thought she would be helpful and wash my cammo pants that had 3 turkey loads in them, they made it through the washer and dryer and back to me. After trying to shoot all 3 I cut them open and the powder was still wet 3 days later.

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    Hey one other thing, I have a MkII Gov Target model 7 1/2 barrel. I love it, how's yours, is it the same?

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    I don't know why they didn't fire but I wouldn't have even tried. Not because of what might happen but because 22 bullets are lubricated. All of them. The first mistake you made was putting them in your pocket. Pocket lint sticks to the bullet lube and then you shoot it down your barrel. Don't do that, put 22 bullets in some sort of carrying package.

Leave a comment:

• Reid Jones
    replied
    i have not made that mistake. but you sure made a VERY bad decision by shooting them. if i was you i would of buried them. shooting them was a dangerous decision.

Leave a comment:

• Has anyone else made this mistake? I was out shooting my Ruger Mark II yesterday. I left some ammo in my pants pocket and put th

Has anyone else made this mistake? I was out shooting my Ruger Mark II yesterday. I left some ammo in my pants pocket and put them into the washer. Once they were done in the dryer I found them and shot them off. They were wet I guess because they wouldn't cycle the action and only 3 out of 4 of them fired.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad