Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was talking to my buddies old man about our turkey hunt next week and he warned me that they have been having trouble with poa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was talking to my buddies old man about our turkey hunt next week and he warned me that they have been having trouble with poa

I was talking to my buddies old man about our turkey hunt next week and he warned me that they have been having trouble with poachers on their property.He instructed us to "take care of them".Obviously I would like to shoot one in the knee and let him crawl off wounded and starve to death but some how that would be illegal.The cops will take an hour to show up, what do you think we sould do?

have the game warden or cops on speed dial. let them contiue to hunt but dont let them know your around. then you and the cops can sneak up on him.

Comment

I would set up a sting operation...get your camera out and film them if possible...also film their vehicles and license plates...video evidence is almost impossible to refute...

Comment

Warn the Game Warden ahead of time and let the air out of their tires. That will slow their departure!

King Fisher907, you must have a little CSI in you!

hunterkid94, I always have the Game Warden on speed dial, in two states.

Comment

If they are on private prop. the they can also be charged with tresspassing too.

Comment

i would just get pics of them, their plates and what not, also don't approach them unless you have to, because one guy in Wisconsin got killed by a poacher that was on his property

Comment

put up sign that saay "tresspassers will be shot"[don't actualy shoot them] and take off their car tires.

Comment

threaten to shoot him if he moves
                then tell him to throw his gun
                then tie him up

and call the cops

Comment

kyle that prolly isn't real smart when u point a gun at people bad things happen, i wish you could do that but he would prolly try sueing you or something better just to get some pictures and call the cops

Comment

Fisher Boy is right except I think it was 6 hunters that were killed/shot by a poacher on their property.All those guys were family too !!!

Comment

We usually borrow the air out of their tires. Don't slash their tires though. Just get a valve-stem tool and borrow their valve-stems too. After you do that, you can call the cops and wait an hour while watching their car. Once the cops are their give the poachers their valve-stems back.

Comment

inform the local game warden of the activity on your property and let him take care of the poachers its much safer and thats really what the law requires you to do we had problems with poaching on my grandfaters property years ago treestands placed on his property by a poaching neighbor we confronted the neighbor and asked him to remove the stand and not hunt on the property he moved the stand alright unknown to him near a natural ground blind i had built that the game warden happily set up in for a week and finally caught the guy

Comment

tying someone up can get you arrested and him off on a technicality. pointing a gun at someone can start a gun fight. slashing tires is still vandelism. get the plates and call the police.

Comment

thanks Big O for the correction, i must be getting old, even at such a young age, i knew of some that had a horrible and unnecessary end but i wasn't sure how many.

Comment

Leave a note on their vehicle asking them to stay out. If you let the air out of their tires then they may do the same or worse to your vehicle. If the note does not work report them to the landowner and let him handle the problem. If he chooses to contact the Game Warden then so be it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad