Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stealing this question from the FSHuntress on this sight, hope she doesn't mind. What is your favorite Outdoor Quote????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stealing this question from the FSHuntress on this sight, hope she doesn't mind. What is your favorite Outdoor Quote????????

Stealing this question from the FSHuntress on this sight, hope she doesn't mind. What is your favorite Outdoor Quote????????

. . . To him who has once tasted the reckless independence, the haughty self-reliance, the sense of irresponsible freedom, which the forest life engenders, civilization thenceforth seems flat and stale. Its pleasures are insipid, its pursuits wearisome, its conventionalities, duties, and mutual dependence alike tedious and disgusting. The entrapped wanderer grows fierce and restless, and pants for breathing-room. His path, it is true, was choked with difficulties, but his body and soul were hardened to meet them; it was beset with dangers, but these were the very spice of his life, gladdening his heart with exulting self-confidence, and sending the blood through his veins with a livelier current. The wilderness, rough, harsh, and inexorable, has charms more potent in their seductive influence than all the lures of luxury and sloth. And often he on whom it has cast its magic finds no heart to dissolve the spell, and remains a wanderer and an Ishmaelite to the hour of his death.
    Francis Parkman

Comment

"I am afraid of one thing....a cold wind. That'll kill you for nothing. You'll just die like a damn fool." Sylvan Hart AKA Buckskin Bill

Comment

"bang-flop"...Ken McCloud

Comment

"Use enough gun" Robert Ruark.

Comment

ken.mcloud said it best!

“So, I think that the superior killing power of larger rounds is largely in our heads.(likely testosterone induced) A flat-shooting round that you can accurately place will produce as many if not more "bang-flop" kills as a heavy caliber round.”

Comment

Hunting Buddy: out of range to far!

Clay: "WATCH THIS!"

Comment

"WHAT YOU DO DAT FOR!"

Comment

"I just shot Goliath!" the voice of my then 10 year old son over the walkie talkie bowhunting about 1/2 mile away. Goliath was a big 14 point we had been chasing for 2 years.

Comment

Dad, I gotta poop.

Comment

Bang Flop

Comment

"WTF!?!?! DID I JUST MISS????"
                        "is it lunch time yet?"

Mead, dont shoot. its to far and youll ruin our hunt.
                        Dad:ha son just sit back and watch this.
                        Me: Holy crap!!!
                        Dad:what youve never seen a ground hog innialated at 250 yards with a .243?

Comment

"A bad day of hunting/fishing is better than a good day at work"...

Comment

When the winds from the east the fishing is the least

Comment

I'd rather be hunting/fishing.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Trump
                                by crm3006
                                From # 1 Bubba- HEY!!! MOTORMOUTH!!!!
                                Too chicken s#¡t to take my bet?

Yep, he is, # 1 Bubba. Just a Canajan phony with a hot keyboard...
                                Today, 04:20 PM
                              • Trump
                                by Danbo
                                https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/16/coro...-outbreak.html
                                04-17-2020, 06:15 AM
                              • Reply to 16 Years
                                by FirstBubba
                                Ya know bhr!
                                I think conservatives have figured out that "racist" and "sexist" are trigger words and liberals use them to shut...
                                Today, 03:57 PM
                              • 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                                Yesterday, 09:20 PM
                              • Reply to 16 Years
                                by FirstBubba
                                "... I need a life? Just shooting geese and pheasants doesn't constitute a life? Oops, you forgot about big bucks every year, African animals, fly...
                                Today, 03:40 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X