Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do other hunters and fisherman put down someone else method of taking game just because it is not the way they do it in thie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do other hunters and fisherman put down someone else method of taking game just because it is not the way they do it in thie

Why do other hunters and fisherman put down someone else method of taking game just because it is not the way they do it in thier neck of the woods or lake? I think we should all stick togther before we lose our outdoor heritage to the people that are trying to take them away from us. Lets all stick togther and not put down unusal methods others may use as long as they are a legal means to take game in thier area.

Quackhead6, I could not agree more. Just because something is different does not make it wrong. While it also may not be legal in every state, if the person is not breaking any laws in their state then you should not bash them for their style.

Comment

Does anyone remember the Crossbow debate and the colorful metaphors and threats!

Comment

Amen brother. This is one of the best posts I have seen in a while.

Comment

I agree. I bait and I am tired of people telling me how wrong I am. It's legal so get off my back. I also hat purists who get mad at me for keeping trout... even the stocked ones. As long as it is legal I don't need other sportsmen to play ethics police for me.

Comment

Amen, different parts of the country have different outdoor traditions, and as long as they are not detrimental to the game populations, live and let live.

Comment

For the most part I agree but there is what is legal and there is what is moral and they don't always mesh. Just this past winter several "hunters" were arrested for chasing down and killing deer on snowmobiles, in this case it was both illegal and immoral. Here in Wisconsin if I am a member of a hunting party I can legally fill all the tags of the other members of the party, but should I?

Comment

In the arena of "public opinion", where unfortunately, alot of our hunting rights precariously hang, I believe "hi-fence" hunting is unethical and bad for sportsman as a whole, I'm not against "baiting" completely, but it's "image" is bad for sportsman as a whole.

Comment

agreed...

Comment

Well said...

Comment

Some people feel better by thinking they know better than everybody else. Actually, isn't that why this "answers" section exists? It's all in the approach.

Comment

Good Observation!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad