Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ok my turkey season opens on monday and i have done some scouting thier are two toms that roost on a small ridge the area around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Good answer Del in KS and + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• willkillsdeer
    replied
    i have decoys but i don't have a box call i'll have to see about that

Leave a comment:

• jbird
    replied
    Yes they'll hear you. I'd throw a decoy or 2 or 3 out if you've got em. I'd try a box-call if it's windy, they really carry far.

Leave a comment:

• shane
    replied
    Well played, Del. Good tip on the shears too. Don't leave home without 'em!

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    In the days before pop up blinds became common I once located an open ridge in a pasture that several gobblers liked to strutt on. There was not even a decent tree to lean against. But while watching with binoculars I noticed a patch of wild roses very close to the birds. That afternoon I used my shears (ALWAYS CARRY PRUNING SHEARS) to hollow out a hole in the rose bush. Next morning in the dark I set up right there with a feeding hen decoy 20 yd out front. Shot a big Tom that morning and an even bigger bird the following year.

Leave a comment:

• shane
    replied
    Oh yeah. Turkeys have very good hearing. They can hear calls from literally miles away.

But they have no sense of smell. Sweat all you want.

Leave a comment:

• ok my turkey season opens on monday and i have done some scouting thier are two toms that roost on a small ridge the area around

ok my turkey season opens on monday and i have done some scouting thier are two toms that roost on a small ridge the area around it is not really huntable but there is a field about 150 yards away that i can hunt if i put a my pop-up blind out in the field will the turkeys be able to hear me from there?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad