Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to get some picture of coyotes with my motion camera. I need tips as to where to set it,bait, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to get some picture of coyotes with my motion camera. I need tips as to where to set it,bait, etc.

I want to get some picture of coyotes with my motion camera. I need tips as to where to set it,bait, etc.

Try a wooden fence post on the field, land where there are new born calves, sheep or colts are kept in. Especially near creek drainages and edges of timber.

Comment

I find dead deer along side of the road and drag them onto my property. I skin them. It seems to attract more animals that way.

Comment

Your best bet is to go out after a rain. Check creek bottoms, logging roads, trails. It shouldn't be hard to find their tracks and figure out where they like to travel. As for bait, dead stuff.

Comment

Good question... I think coyotes are one of the lease consistent animals we have. With a trail cam, you could certainly should be able to catch one over bait (e.g. a dead chicken or wood chuck)... something like that). Locate it where you have seen fresh tracks consistenly. If you have a river bank or stream bed, that would be a good location as well since they typically cover them pretty well. They will smell it from a long ways so you may not have to be too precise. Good luck!

Comment

a bag of Alpo or Purina might work, but it's not as cheap(free) as the dead stuff.

Comment

Good answer rezavoirdog and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
                by jhjimbo
                My Father and I built a 50'X50' pole barn to store his boat and a couple of friends boats over the winter. Just simple construction, we used 16 used...
                Today, 04:18 PM
              • 16 Years
                by jhjimbo
                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                08-12-2020, 09:20 PM
              • Reply to Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                by Amflyer
                Aaaaaaaand...there goes Derek.
                Today, 04:04 PM
              • Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                by derek7
                Hi everyone,

I have one question regarding how to choose the right shotgun for myself. I want a 20 gauge semi auto with interchangeable barrel...
                08-11-2020, 09:03 AM
              • Reply to Trump
                by 99explorer
                Trump is so desperate to screw up the election that he is willing and able to damage the U.S. Postal Service by withholding necessary funding.
                He
                Today, 03:59 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X