Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have any experience with the .243 Nosler Partition? I use them in my 7 mag, .308 and .338 WM but I wonder if they w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have any experience with the .243 Nosler Partition? I use them in my 7 mag, .308 and .338 WM but I wonder if they w

Does anyone have any experience with the .243 Nosler Partition? I use them in my 7 mag, .308 and .338 WM but I wonder if they would leave sufficient exit holes given the small diameter of the bullet and its tendency to lose its front core on close shots.

Haven't shot the .243 but I have found the .25 cal 100 grain partition to make a quarter sized exit at .257 Roberts velocities which are similar to the .243 Win.

Comment

Sorry got trigger happy... Exit hole size has been a redundant feature as any deer or hog fairly hit has required no tracking when hit with that bullet.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I know they are fairly destructive on deer out of my 7mm Rem Mag under 75 yards...hence the .308 addition to my collection. I guess I'll load up a few and give them a try.

Comment

I used the 85 gr. part. in my 6mmX284 Win loaded to 3400 fps. Shot 7 deer with that load. Most died in their tracks. None ran more than a few yards. They tend to enter, mushroom violently and exited on all but a chest shot buck. That bullet penetrated to his rear after completely destroying the heart and lungs. I've also used the 100 gr 25-06 with good results but they did not do as much internal damage as the hot 6mm.

Comment

HOW ABOUT USING THE 100 GR PARTITION BULLLET IN MY 250-3000,, FOR DEER IN NO CALIF ..... Gary

Comment

I use them!

Comment

I use them!

Comment

I use them!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad