Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could you please click on my profile and look at my picture titled "Baby Couger?" I think it might be a couger but I am not sure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could you please click on my profile and look at my picture titled "Baby Couger?" I think it might be a couger but I am not sure

Could you please click on my profile and look at my picture titled "Baby Couger?" I think it might be a couger but I am not sure. Leave a comment on what you think. Thanks

http://www.duiops.net/seresvivos/galeria/pumas/Cougar%20Baby.jpg

Looks like it could be

Comment

I have to say I do not know what that is other than a big cat in a tree. I did not know you have cougars in Michigan. Great photo either way.

Comment

My money is on large housecat tho I suppose anything is possible.

Comment

I've already commented on that picture, and I thought that it was too big to be a house cat, and also looked too big to still have the spotty pattern that young cougars have. But now, I'm questioning my perception of scale here. It looks to me that that thing is about twice the size of even the biggest house cats. How big around is the tree he's in?

Comment

It could be a large housecat, but that's a pretty big tail. Who knows. Watch out for it's mommy if it ain't a housecat.

Comment

House cat

Comment

hard to tell...could be a young cougar or just a really big cat...

Comment

By looking at the deer stand in the back ground and guestimating scale it looks to be a house cat. What state was the photo taken in?

Comment

idk it looks to big to be a house cat but maybe it is a i've caught some pretty big ones on my trap line (not on purpose)

Comment

I live in Michigan. I don't know the exact measurment of the tree but it is deffentently bigger round then a normal house cat. Maybe couple inches smaller then a paper plate.

Comment

That tree is almost as big as a paper plate? Holy crap. No chance of it being a domestic cat, with that in mind. It's definitely a young cougar. No question.

Comment

Well if you lived alot farther south i would say it was a jaguaruni. Its very big but it just doesn't look like a cougar cub to me.

Comment

Looking at the patterns on it I would say a house cat.

Comment

I just went out in the woods to look at the tree. The bottom is about paper plate size. But up where "the couger" is it is about the size of a dvd maybe inch or two bigger.

One more thing my brother seen a huge black cat like thing during bow season.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad