Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about those Navy Seals on the Bainbridge sniping the pirates and saving Capt. Roberts? Those guys are some of the best warr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    They doing a great Job for our Country!!!

Leave a comment:

• auburn_hunter
    replied
    Every warm-blooded American (and the liberals as well) should read Lone Survivor. Probably the closest that those of us who were not in the military will ever come to understanding what it takes to be a SEAL. Again, thank God for the armed forces, but especially for the SEALs.

Leave a comment:

• Christian Emter
    replied
    God I love the Navy Seals. They have some pretty damb sweet gear.

Leave a comment:

• Edward J. Palumbo
    replied
    I salute the SEALS for extraordinary performance under difficult conditions, and I am thankful that Capt. Phillips was restored to his family. Let us continue to support the best training and equipment possible for our special warfare personnel of all branches, because compromise is not an option.

Leave a comment:

• ishawooa
    replied
    I just noticed while watching Lou Dobb's TV show a comment that made me smile "Guns don't kill pirates, Navy SEALS kill pirates". God bless those SEALs.
    A neighbor of mine is a Merchant Marine who is stationed on a repair ship in the Indian Sea. He is on ship six months, off two or three and repeats the cycle. Odd life but he and his wife apparently enjoy it at least up til now. His ship had an unidentified non-communicative small vessel follow them two weeks ago. Fortunately they were prepared with high pressure fire hoses and two fifty cals, one fore and one aft, in case of attack. After a matter of hours the boat left them after making no treat or identification. He said the fifties were recently installed with a number of hands instructed in their use. Jerry only has a couple years to go until retirement. I sincerely hope they are spent in a peaceful life at sea so he can return to the mountains that make up the remainder of his life.

Leave a comment:

• huskerguy
    replied
    Glad they finally got him out of there.

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    Happy,
    It aggravates the hell out of me too but as I understand it the maritime law states that commercial vessels can not have an armed crew.
    As I understand it, the Navy Seals actually approached on the high seas in a raft, unseen, to within 30yds of the pirate vessel. And a three shot three kill was made.

Leave a comment:

• Happy Myles
    replied
    It appears that commercial vessels are not allowed to be armed. This must be by international regulations. Does anyone know the maritime code? A huge vessel that can be attacked by little craft with grappling hooks with no response seems puzzling to me? Anyone know?

Leave a comment:

• ishawooa
    replied
    In my haste to write while thinking about the SEALS I inadvertantly wrote the wrong name for the hostage which corrected is Captain Robert Phillips. I apologize for this error.

Clay: May God deeply bless you and all the members of the various branches of our services past and present. You truly make America the great country that it is regardless of whatever capacity you served.

Rez: I am looking for that book tonight. It sounds like my kind of reading. Thanks for the heads up.

Leave a comment:

• pascal
    replied
    I don't see why we didn't worry about pirates earlier...

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    “As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness.”
    -Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    “We are not to expect to be translated from despotism to liberty in a featherbed”
    -Thomas Jefferson

“This country is a one-party country. Half of it is called Republican and half is called Democrat. It doesn't make any difference. All the really good ideas belong to the Libertarians.”
    -Hugh Downs, 1997 (not really true, but the point is worth hearing)

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    The Seals parachuted onto the ship at night and set up 25 yds from the pirates. That is flat out amazing.

Leave a comment:

• shane
    replied
    All threats, foreign and domestic, will be eliminated. By Americans with guns. I love it.

Leave a comment:

• lovetohunt
    replied
    Nice shootin. I hope the pirates learned their leason.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad