Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a good way to attract deer to my trail camera? I know placement is a big part of it but I don't have much land, any tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good way to attract deer to my trail camera? I know placement is a big part of it but I don't have much land, any tips

What is a good way to attract deer to my trail camera? I know placement is a big part of it but I don't have much land, any tips would be appreciated.

If might be easier to move your trail camera to where the deer are at instead of trying to draw them in. Water sources, food sources and bedding areas would be the places I would be looking for. If the deer are just traveling thru your property to get to any of the 3 things mentioned above, then set up the camera just off one of their paths.

Comment

i dont have much land where i hunt either. the deer dont stay on the property i hunt, they travel through it to get from feeding areas to bedding areas, and generally just waltz on through the property...i set my camera up on the trails they walk, dont put out any type of attractant.

Comment

Ditto~jay All good points,try some Buck-Jam(suggerBeat) on a log or large rocks neer your T-Cam.

Comment

Just be careful on putting out foods, most things that deer like also appeal to bears. Probably better to work on patterning the deer.

Comment

I agree with bio guy, place on active deer trails, also salt- and mineral blocks do an excellent job in attracting deer. Its also rather inexpensive to buy a 50- I think salt block, cut it in half with a chain saw and not only will your deer be healthier, but you will have documentation of most deer in the area.

Comment

put it in front of your feeder or food plot. if they use it, youll get pictures.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad