Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would you consider the confederate battle flag rascit? i wear one on a hat and my dad told me some big black guy is gonna try to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wear Cavalry Sabers on a Black Stetson, since I was in three Cavalry units in my career. BUT NOT on the Indian Reservation when I visit friends. (Not a good idea). Just be aware of where you are and who with.

Comment

I kind of view its message as similar to the Gadsden flag. I have a Stars and Bars that I display inside my house not out front. I might fly it outside sometime though. I would maybe think twice about wearing it in some places, but generally I don't think its a problem. Some people associate with racist stuff, but alot don't.

Comment

Look at the Florida State Flag it has the Bars but no Stars, its on every PD and State Trooper units it when you put stars on it...That a problem!

We have a New car Tag with the Stars and Bars on it,
        to Honor the Florida Confederate Units..?

Comment

alright bud im a cali raised redneck,my family is originaly from bama,georgia an nor florida im stationed at naval air station lemoore ca. and ive got one on my gmc and 1 hangin in my barracksroom ive had three people get mad at me for it 1 was a civilian gaurd at the gate he told me take it off my truck i told him kiss my ass,the other two were black sailors they went on about how they hate the cracker that drove that truck after some talkin and me sayin it was me the were cool with it i even game one of em his first dip.if people cant see what you mean youll have to ignore them and occaisionaly youll have to fight its as simple as that.fair winds and following seas

Comment

There are other Confederate flags than the Stars-and-Bars which you can display proudly and when asked actually tell people what it means to you. The Stars-and-Bars has become known as a symbol of racism to many because they have been brainwashed by the left of this country. If you wear it some places, you risk sending the wrong message.

Here are some examples of other flags to display:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America

As a gunowner, I prefer the Gonzales Flag (Come and Take It).

Comment

its not raceist at all i love the confedrate ideas of government not the slave thing im from mound city Missouri witch is in the north of the state but you still got the southern way of life here

Comment

I believe my first post pretty much explained the problem. Symbols have been around for many many years. Their meaning has been changed through the millennium. If you live in a microcosm everything is fine. If you step out of that small area. It may be a signal that is read differently. Unless you put a disclaimer under that Swastika tattoo saying wait a minute this is only a Hindu symbol for the Sun. Well you see what I'm saying. The problem with symbols is the should say what they are and not be open to interpretation. You don't see any racist a**hole wearing a Stop Sign on their hat because it's meaning is well defined.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad